In need of a wedding officiant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bziemski

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm getting married in Kona on October 1st underwater and may be in need of a wedding officiant. Jack's dive locker is who we booked the charter with, but they have been unable to find someone so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

That's great. You will have the opportunity to get married and commit suicide at the same time, saving you a lot of agony in the short run.

I didn't see u/w as a venue option...

You might try contacting Tim - kidspot - he's a childrens minister on Oahu as well as a dive instructor. He might have a colleague who dives on the big island.

Last edited:
Well if you wanted to fly me out and put me up and feed me, I could do it.

I'm getting married in Kona on October 1st underwater and may be in need of a wedding officiant. Jack's dive locker is who we booked the charter with, but they have been unable to find someone so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Get a diving friend to become an ordained minister: Universal Life Church

Thanks

Easy - my wife is an attorney, and a Notary - and a hellofa good diver - fly her out - and me, b/c you need a witness - we have been to Hawaii 3 times in the past and love it - PROBLEM SOLVED :D:rofl3::D

Looking ......and Waiting for your PM, BTW :popcorn:

On a serious note, 'cmon - in a state like Hawaii, they can't find a single minister, priest, or Notary who dives :confused: You can't be the first to have this idea :shakehead:

I'm also an ordained minister with the Universal Life Church. (What's up Gabe?!! Right on!) I'd go to Big Island too!!! We could make it a good party even!! I done a few U/W weddings and even did one that was featured on a local TV show called Hawaii Moving Company a few years ago. We did it off B&B Scuba's boat out at Molokini. It was a really good time! I made a pretty slick bubble curtain for the aisle too and shot some sweet video. There were 6 attendents, a minister, photographer, the couple and the TV guys. That was a fun day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom