In Kihei 11/5 - 11/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for reporting back about your trip! Great to hear you had fantastic dives and picked the right sites and operators!! I'll be there next week and can't wait. :)

I'm jealous...I can't wait to go back. I'm sure there are other great operators there but we were happy enough with our experiance that we'll probably use the same operators next time.

Have a great time!

What size tanks did you have? AL-80's?

My Molokini dive was quite bland.

Lahaina used 72's B&B had 80's and Shaka had 80's.

Molokini was nice, we did center crater........it probably didn't rate high but it was nice. I wold like to dive the reefs end or backwall next time. All in all though Molokini was nice........we're happy just get wet and have some good viz : ) Not much good viz in the middle of the desert : )

Just in case it will help anyone else traveling to Maui soon, here's a brief report.

Just out of curiosity, what were the water temps and what thickness of wetsuit did you use?

Thanks!

We'll be diving with Ed Robinson's this week and both my husband and I will wear 5mm Merino lined full suits.

If you're interested, I can tell you what temperature our computers are reading on Tuesday, but I think our computers tend to read a couple of degrees lower than most, so I'm betting I'll be seeing 75-76 degrees at best.

Just out of curiosity, what were the water temps and what thickness of wetsuit did you use?

Thanks!

Sorry I dadn't been on here for a few days. We were averaging 77 degrees on Sherwood Wisdom2 , my oceanic wrist agreed, although our dive at Wailea Point we were with B&B and they reported 78 but we both showed 76. My wife used a Mares 8/6/5 , I used a 3/2.

Sorry our schedules didn't mesh. I managed to get ten shore dives and three trips to Lanai. 77 is the temp I saw all week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom