In Kihei 11/5 - 11/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second this advice. Less boat, more shore.

I think that's sound advice......I'll get a least two days of shore diving in and a night dive (shore).......maybe more depending how the diving is directly accross the street from where we are staying........

Mahalo!

I think that's sound advice......I'll get a least two days of shore diving in and a night dive (shore).......maybe more depending how the diving is directly accross the street from where we are staying........

Mahalo!

Getting a guide, reasons:
1- safety
2- knows where to go if you want to see something specific
3- hard to reach spots, less people

Don't forget to do Little Beach on a Sunday. Quite a ways to walk with gear, but you can always snorkel with your fins & mask. Lots of variety of life in the water; homo-sapiens too.

I'll be there on Friday and have dived Maui enough to know my way around. I plan on diving near Kihei most days by myself and would likely enjoy diving with you. Send me a pm with contact info if you'd like to dive!

Just in case it will help anyone else traveling to Maui soon, here's a brief report.

I went with Lahaina Divers to Molokai and was not disappointed, we saw 6 hammerheads together. In addition the reef at Molokai is well worth the trip itself......pristine!

I also went to Lanai with Lahaina Divers. We did Second Cathedral and Lighthouse. Both were great dives. I found Lahaina divers to be very professional and would consider them a tight run organization. I don't know who the owners are but it is obvious that customer satisfaction is stressed to employees. I plan to go back to Maui next spring/summer and will certainly dive with them again. We didn't get the cattle boat feeling at all.......everything from the shop to the boat and crew were top notch.

For our Molokini diving we went with B & B. I found them to be a very friendly and professional crew as well. When we return to Maui I will dive with them again too. My wife thought the boat was a little small and crowded but I was was fine with it....they utilize the space well. A rumor I heard when I was there is that they may be getting another boat. We'll see when we return.

We also did some shore dives with Shaka. Doug has good knowledge about local diving........I would say 5 Graves is a "must do" shore dive.

Hope it helps someone!

I did 5 Graves/Caves with Doug also. Did he find another handful of fishing weights?

Glad you had a good time.

Thanks for reporting back about your trip! Great to hear you had fantastic dives and picked the right sites and operators!! I'll be there next week and can't wait. :)

What size tanks did you have? AL-80's?

My Molokini dive was quite bland.

Just in case it will help anyone else traveling to Maui soon, here's a brief report.

I went with Lahaina Divers to Molokai and was not disappointed, we saw 6 hammerheads together. In addition the reef at Molokai is well worth the trip itself......pristine!

I also went to Lanai with Lahaina Divers. We did Second Cathedral and Lighthouse. Both were great dives. I found Lahaina divers to be very professional and would consider them a tight run organization. I don't know who the owners are but it is obvious that customer satisfaction is stressed to employees. I plan to go back to Maui next spring/summer and will certainly dive with them again. We didn't get the cattle boat feeling at all.......everything from the shop to the boat and crew were top notch.

For our Molokini diving we went with B & B. I found them to be a very friendly and professional crew as well. When we return to Maui I will dive with them again too. My wife thought the boat was a little small and crowded but I was was fine with it....they utilize the space well. A rumor I heard when I was there is that they may be getting another boat. We'll see when we return.

We also did some shore dives with Shaka. Doug has good knowledge about local diving........I would say 5 Graves is a "must do" shore dive.

Hope it helps someone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom