I'm selling all my recreational gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cow Pasture Blending

On our last trip one of my back gas regulators started free flowing a little bit on the surface, while I was doing a gear check. A little bit of troubleshooting and I determined that my first stage had an IP creep. My buddy loaned me some back gas regs so that I could do the dives. I figured that the high pressure seat was gone and was going to have to buy new regs, since the regs were the first generation Salvo's and you can't get parts from a company that doesn't exist any more... :) I bought new regs, but ended up salvaging both of my Salvos after some maintenance. Now they are stage regs. :wink:

I hate getting rid of anything, but as zinc put it I had to do a reality check. I keep thinking I should hang on to at least one of the computer consoles if one of my kids ever decides to go diving with me again. I really loved the Light Cannon, and I could still use the BCD when working with OW classes. The reality is that this stuff is setting in my garage not being used (just like all the servers I use to have in my spare bedroom, probably not going to be used.) I thought I had a pretty good idea how much I would be spending when I started down this alternate diving path last year, and I wasn't even close. My tech instructors are like crack dealers :idk:. Then another swamper I will not name let me try his Nomad not too long ago. You can see where this led......
The Oceanic is a pretty nice reg and it would be easy to buy a din converter to make it into a stage reg, but I want to learn to service all my own regs in the near future and the shop I DM for does not carry Oceanic. I have an OMS reg that I have to take to a different shop for service and they seem to never be able to get it right the first time. I have held back on a Calypso that will make a decent O2 reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom