I'm selling all my recreational gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black split fins size large

I read on the internet that you'd DIE if you dove with those things!

The truth is coming out now! Jacket BC, split fins. Next thing you'll be posting is an Air2, a Spare Air and a tank banger. :rofl3:

I read on the internet that you'd DIE if you dove with those things!

The truth is coming out now! Jacket BC, split fins. Next thing you'll be posting is an Air2, a Spare Air and a tank banger. :rofl3:

Well, I guess I'm living proof that split fins don't kill, but they definately do not contribute to a good frog kick. I don't have a spare air or tank banger, but I do have a box full of snorkels and assorted plastic clips :D

I don't like to be critical, unless constructive.
I didn't know any of this tech stuff till it was taught to me in person, text, or worse gained by experience... :wink:
But hasn't experience been the best teacher? You could never have convinced me that a backplate and hog harness was not going to be the most uncomfortable thing I had ever worn. Just looking at pics made me cringe. When I started out, I bought a transplate with all the padding dive rite sold and a hog harness at the same time. I tried out the transplate the day before my first class at the lake and immediately saw how the clips were useless when my backup lights were sitting on top of them. The next day I took the hog harness to class and Layne helped me adjust it. I couldn't have been more amazed at how comfortable it was and wondered why in the world I had been using a jacket bc all these years.
The transplate and all its padding have also been relagated to a corner in the garage. It probably should go, also, but I keep thinking I'll tear it apart for the ss hardware.

They are taking up space. I still have several classes I am taking this fall and I want another set of XTX 200's for sm. I am tired of swapping the hoses back and forth when I have to use the BM.
If anyone has steel tanks they're not using or Luxfer AL80's and want to trade (why anyone would want to do this, I don't know) I'd be open to this, also.
I am going to be listing regs with yoke connectors probably later tonight. I have gotten pretty spoiled with the Apex.

Have you thought about removing the yoke and putting a DIN on your existing regulator? It'd be cheaper. :) I have 7 regulators and contemplating buying at least 2 more. It's a never ending quest. :)

IMO, I do not see logic in these statements (2nd part as it relates to tech diving, which I believe is Carriesal's direction)

-Trans-filling for what purpose? Even if only to top-off short fill tanks, it accomplishes nothing, b/c after the first top off, the aluminum trans-fill tank w/ same service pressure of 3,000psi is now below service pressure, and incapable of another fill. This is why ideal fill stations are comprised of a cascade of larger High Pressure Steel (ex: 4,500psi) tanks which are used to fill in sequence from lowest pressure first, and ending with the highest pressure to get fills to 3,000psi. To make it simple - at same service rating, a full AL100 cannot fill an empty AL80 without a booster; the volume is simply split (equalized) between the cylinders.

-In tech diving there is little use for AL's larger than 80's (unless doubled), not that they couldn't be used, they are just very big to carry as deco/stage bottles. 40's up to multiple 80's is preferred (at least by me & those I know and dive with)

-Yoke regulators are useless in tech diving

I don't like to be critical, unless constructive.
I didn't know any of this tech stuff till it was taught to me in person, text, or worse gained by experience... :wink:

Where I come from, we dive remote springs where the only access to O2 and HE is what we bring with us, so transfilling is what we do. :)

(There's also 2 T bottles of HE and 2 T bottles of O2 buried somewhere in there.)

26200_374841959235_605994235_3424653_3719436_n.jpg

The AL 100's would be good for transfilling O2 into 40's for deco. You often don't need 3000 PSI. For a dive where you need 15 mintues on O2, you will need 2000 PSI. You will likely only use 1000 PSI and reserve the other half for your buddy in a lost deco gas scenario.

Have you thought about removing the yoke and putting a DIN on your existing regulator? It'd be cheaper. :) I have 7 regulators and contemplating buying at least 2 more. It's a never ending quest. :)

Where I come from, we dive remote springs where the only access to O2 and HE is what we bring with us, so transfilling is what we do. :)

(There's also 2 T bottles of HE and 2 T bottles of O2 buried somewhere in there.)

26200_374841959235_605994235_3424653_3719436_n.jpg

The AL 100's would be good for transfilling O2 into 40's for deco. You often don't need 3000 PSI. For a dive where you need 15 mintues on O2, you will need 2000 PSI. You will likely only use 1000 PSI and reserve the other half for your buddy in a lost deco gas scenario.

Yup, I agree. I'm smiling as I write this b/c I intentionally didn't introduce it into the conversation here, but yes, I agree that O2 & HE are certainly are an exception, especially when mixing gasses in remote locales (or the garage, steel of course :cool2:)

Last edited:

I had never thought of this. I might just keep the AL100's.

Here's an updated list. The Light Cannon and shortie are sold pending payment.

Large jetfins with spring straps - I bought these used from another sb member last year in my quest to find fins. Unfortunately they didn't fit.

Oceanic CDX5/GT3 regulator with Oceanic swivel octo. I purchased this new 4 years ago. It will need an annual service.

Swivel octo manufacturer unknown. It has a fancy looking A on the top of the octo.

DR backplate padding, used once last year and found I didn't need it.

DR 16# weight pocket system, new

[-]Assorted retractors[/-] sold pending pickup

Recreational reel
Scubamax270Reel.jpg

Oceanic Versa Pro computer with a compass and depth gauge in the console. I bought this new 4 years ago. It will calculate Nitrox and has a backlight.
148-1.jpg

Oceanic Veo 100 with a compass and depth gauge in the console. I purchased this new 4 years ago. It calculates air only.
Oceanic_veo100nx1Lo.jpg

Aqualung Pearl i3 women's BC (2009 model), size ML, black with grey piping.
I bought this at the beginning of last year and used last summer only. It still looks brand new.
pearl_i3_aqa_larger.jpg

Deep See Wenoka squeeze lock titanium knife. This knife will not fall out of the sheath. It will mount to a BC like in the pic of the Pearl i3.
WenokaSmBlack.jpg

Pelican Nemo 4100 dive light. This is about a year old and might have been used once.
4100ms.jpg

Black Tusa Xpert Zoom split fins with spring straps size L/XL. They are about 18 months old and have some scuff marks.
3014-DEFAULT-m.jpg

Last edited:
"The AL 100's would be good for transfilling O2 into 40's for deco. You often don't need 3000 PSI. For a dive where you need 15 mintues on O2, you will need 2000 PSI. You will likely only use 1000 PSI and reserve the other half for your buddy in a lost deco gas scenario."

Agreed. Of course I prefer steel, unless I have to carry it ;-)

And when are you planning your next remote gas mixing adventure?

I ask, b/c there is a reality check, practicality aspect that always needs to be factored.

So... Why?

Last edited:

Agreed.

And when are you planning your next remote gas mixing adventure?

I ask, b/c there is a reality check, practicality aspect that always needs to be factored.

So... Why?

I'm not planning any remote trips, but it's possible I might find a use for them in the future that I hadn't thought of. My goal is to sell all the gear I don't use and will probably never use again, but if someone really wanted them I'd let them go.

I'm not planning any remote trips, but it's possible I might find a use for them in the future that I hadn't thought of. My goal is to sell all the gear I don't use and will probably never use again, but if someone really wanted them I'd let them go.

That's why I asked.

"Why" and "What if" are two questions all tech divers should ask themselves often and answer honestly.

I am constantly asking myself the why and what if questions in my diving decisions...

If you don't know, go find out... Ok, enough, I'm not soapbox certified:soapbox:

Cow Pasture Blending

Where else could you be doing this:

31387_405831777140_528122140_4182778_3346435_n.jpg

31387_405831787140_528122140_4182780_8277102_n.jpg

Look up and see this:

9016_136536182140_528122140_2421659_2185112_n.jpg

:)

Carrie,

I know where you're coming from. This whole technical diving thing adds a whole other level of expense into the equation. Regs can be converted for technical use pretty easily with some different hoses and a DIN connector and tanks will always serve some purpose. I'm just giving you a different perspective and possibly help you save some money. :)

On our last trip one of my back gas regulators started free flowing a little bit on the surface, while I was doing a gear check. A little bit of troubleshooting and I determined that my first stage had an IP creep. My buddy loaned me some back gas regs so that I could do the dives. I figured that the high pressure seat was gone and was going to have to buy new regs, since the regs were the first generation Salvo's and you can't get parts from a company that doesn't exist any more... :) I bought new regs, but ended up salvaging both of my Salvos after some maintenance. Now they are stage regs. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom