I'm selling all my recreational gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carrielsal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I need to fund additional training, so I'm selling all my recreational gear. I'd rather sell it local to avoid treks to the post office. Here's what I have so far, and I'll be adding to the list as I go through my storage area. If you're interested we can discuss a fair price. I can post pics if needed.

Aqualung Pearl i3 women's BC (2009 model), size ML, black with grey piping. Pearl i3
I bought this at the beginning of last year and used last summer only. It still looks brand new.

Titanium knife that attaches to the BC (it's just like the one in the pic in the link above)

UK HID Light Cannon, Light Cannon 100 HID Lamp- UK - Underwater Kinetics.
Purchased last summer. I also have the rechargeable battery for it from Sunny Sports. This is probably the brightest recreational light on the market and has a nice white beam.

2 yellow Luxfer AL100 tanks. They are in hydro but need a vis. I'm not sure of the born date or last hydro, but I can go take a look.

Black split fins size large

A couple of consoles with computers. I'll look tomorrow and see exactly what they are.

Women's Henderson Insta Dry shortie, size 14, black/grey. I bought this a couple of years ago and have never worn it.

Keep the AL100's. You can use them as transfill tanks. You can never have enough tanks or regulators. :)

Carrie--Do you have any ankle weights?

Carrie--Do you have any ankle weights?

Yes, I had forgotten about those. They need to go. I have a set of 1# and 2#. What size would you like? Send me a PM.

Sent you a response.

Keep the AL100's. You can use them as transfill tanks. You can never have enough tanks or regulators. :)

They are taking up space. I still have several classes I am taking this fall and I want another set of XTX 200's for sm. I am tired of swapping the hoses back and forth when I have to use the BM.
If anyone has steel tanks they're not using or Luxfer AL80's and want to trade (why anyone would want to do this, I don't know) I'd be open to this, also.
I am going to be listing regs with yoke connectors probably later tonight. I have gotten pretty spoiled with the Apex.

Last edited:
I am going to be listing regs with yolk connectors probably later tonight. I have gotten pretty spoiled with the Apex.

Yolk?? Spoiled??? Are your tanks hatching eggs??? Lol

Peace,
Greg

If anyone has steel tanks they're not using or Luxfer AL80's and want to trade (why anyone would want to do this, I don't know) I'd be open to this, also.

Trading an AL100 for AL 80's is smart and win/win for a tech & recreational diver - you get stage bottles, they upgrade to larger capacity, assuming tanks are in similar condition :D You will likely have to swap yoke valves for DIN

So, "anyone want to swap some 80's for 100's?" is the question, above is the why... :wink:

IMO, I do not see logic in these statements (2nd part as it relates to tech diving, which I believe is Carriesal's direction)

-Trans-filling for what purpose? Even if only to top-off short fill tanks, it accomplishes nothing, b/c after the first top off, the aluminum trans-fill tank w/ same service pressure of 3,000psi is now below service pressure, and incapable of another fill. This is why ideal fill stations are comprised of a cascade of larger High Pressure Steel (ex: 4,500psi) tanks which are used to fill in sequence from lowest pressure first, and ending with the highest pressure to get fills to 3,000psi. To make it simple - at same service rating, a full AL100 cannot fill an empty AL80 without a booster; the volume is simply split (equalized) between the cylinders.

-In tech diving there is little use for AL's larger than 80's (unless doubled), not that they couldn't be used, they are just very big to carry as deco/stage bottles. 40's up to multiple 80's is preferred (at least by me & those I know and dive with)

-Yoke regulators are useless in tech diving

I don't like to be critical, unless constructive.
I didn't know any of this tech stuff till it was taught to me in person, text, or worse gained by experience... :wink:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom