I'm Moving to Florida!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What theSoCal posters are saying is ........ we love you Sam, and want to see more of you :flowers:

besides, where else are you going to get your peanut tossing practice in?

:D

Here's an idea Sam... shoot for somewhere between Jupiter & FLL. Let's see, you have Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, and a few others. Lots of good choices to look into. Something makes me think one of those areas is where I would like to end up.

Didja ever think you would have this much help? :D

I think you should move to Minnesota. Seriously.

What theSoCal posters are saying is ........ we love you Sam, and want to see more of you :flowers:

I hate to disappoint you Californian's but you didn't invent throwing peanut shells on the floor, we have fine dining establishments that both allow and encourage peanut shell tossing too. Geez, it's tragic on so many levels that all the Californian's can brag about are aquatic weeds and restaurants that encourage throwing your food on the floor.:lotsalove:

I hate to disappoint you Californian's but you didn't invent throwing peanut shells on the floor, we have fine dining establishments that both allow and encourage peanut shell tossing too. Geez, it's tragic on so many levels that all the Californian's can brag about are aquatic weeds and restaurants that encourage throwing your food on the floor.:lotsalove:
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I have definitely enjoyed reading the thread as I have thought a lot about moving to Florida too.

I don't know jack but I am surprised there was but one wee mention of the Keys in a 24 page thread...bout Key West. Nothing about Key Largo,etc.

Are the Keys not a good option to consider?

Jeff

Sam, I just came upon this thread (and spent so much time reading the whole thing)! It's so cool that you're gonna become a Floridean! Yeah! My suggestion: forget living in cave county. It's beautiful country, but I can't picture you living there. I'd love to have you in Jupiter, you know that! But you need to do what's best for you! You have enough friends all up and down both coasts that maybe you can take an extended vacation (or several) before your final move, stay a week or more with friends in each location and explore the various offerings each area has to offer. No matter where you choose you're never gonna be far from friends. My opinion is that the best reef and wreck diving is on the east coast, and it's only hours away from cave country. I love living in Jupiter.....it fits my lifestyle, and FLL is not that far away. FLL has more to choose from as far as dive ops, beach diving (but we have BHB!), best martini bartender, and night life. There are more active SB'ers in the FLL area than here, so your social life would be fuller there. Venice has great fossil teeth diving, but how many teeth do you really need? The boats have to go farther out to get to the reefs on the west coast of Florida, and (my opinion) the diving is better here on the east coast. FLL is close to the Keys and Jupiter, Jupiter is closer to cave county and not far from FLL, but farther from the Keys. Lobster is to be had from Ft. Pierce to FLL and beyond. A lot to consider, my dear. Give us a breakdown, in terms of priority, what you're looking for and that will help make your choice (somewhat) less difficult. It's gonna be a hard choice no matter what! But we're glad you're gonna become one of us!!!!!! :banana::bounce4::bounce2::fire::fire::bounce2::bounce4:

Sandy - I'm in the very early stages, and am giving all the posts serious considerations. My priority at this moment is being close to dive wrecks, reefs and caves.

If I wanted a serious nightlife I'd stay in NYC but it's not a priority because I've done it all in NYC and any place else would pale in comparison. Just want to dive, to train and to be with friends. I know it's rather simplified but I have not given it much thought beyond that and as recon gets more involved, I will revise or add to the priority. I like your idea of spending time with friends in different parts of Florida so will def do that for the next year or two.

DB - I love you guys too and def wanna see more of you all. You all can visit me in Florida. The only con against California is no cave country. SoCal has great weather, no humidity, great diving, wreck alley, Catalina, outstanding variety of cuisine and culture, and its proximity for flights to Hawaii and Asia. Seriously, if not for caves California was the other choice.

Here's an idea Sam... shoot for somewhere between Jupiter & FLL. Let's see, you have Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, and a few others. Lots of good choices to look into. Something makes me think one of those areas is where I would like to end up.

Didja ever think you would have this much help? :D
I knew I would get this much help cause SBers are so opinionated but I love opinions. It's reassuring that the Florida SBers feel so strongly about their state.

What I did not expect was the west coast vs east coast rivalry, especially the tenacity of the west coast SBers despite the fact that Florida wins over California in my eyes because of cave country, and solely because of cave country. If I did not love caves so much, it would a dilemma for me cause how do I chose between CA and FL? :confused:

I think you should move to Minnesota. Seriously.
And here is my serious reaction....:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
:rofl3::rofl3:
:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom