I'm Moving to Florida!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSam

Sister of Shenanigans
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Florida Residents,

I have dived Key West, Jupiter, Ft Lauderdale, Key Largo, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach and Ginnie Springs (Ballroom only) so am torn about where I should move to, near reef and wrecks or near caves. I am very interested in cave training so will consider cave country as well.

Doing some recon for a planned move in 2 - 3 years, most likely 2 years, and need input from the residents so let me know which part of Florida I should consider, why, the pros and cons...let the games begin!!

Many thanks for taking the time to read this post and for any advise you can offer.

California wishes to lodge an official protest- We're WAY more fun than florida.

TC:
California wishes to lodge an official protest- We're WAY more fun than florida.

:mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner:

TC:

Sweetie :hugs:

If you move cave country to California, it will move California to the top of the list. You have an open invite to visit me in Florida.

Sam, as a NY girl I think you'll miss the city enough that Miami or Fort Lauderdale will be your best bets for everyday living. You'll still have restaurants, night life and shopping (granted not NY but still not bad at all) with the added bonus of great diving in your backyard. Miami and FLL give you the added bonus of being an easy drive to the Keys, Boynton, Palm Beach and cave country is an easy trip as well. We look forward to having you join us!!!!

:mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner:

:rofl3:

Sweetie :hugs:

If you move cave country to California, it will move California to the top of the list. You have an open invite to visit me in Florida.

Earthquakes. You don't want to dive a cave with the LIKELY possibility. Besides, Cali is fun to visit.

Don't move to Miami. City is full of rude people. There are a few good ones, myself not included, but they are few and far between.

Glad you've finally made the Universe aware of this decision. Now you can't take it back!

If you want the best of both I would say you need to go to Orlando or maybe Tampa. At either location you are not more than 3 hours from reef or cave. I live just out of Tampa and I can be in cave country in about 2 hours or so and West Palm in about 3. Not to mention some pretty killer diving over here in our neck of the woods.

Sam, as a NY girl I think you'll miss the city enough that Miami or Fort Lauderdale will be your best bets for everyday living. You'll still have restaurants, night life and shopping (granted not NY but still not bad at all) with the added bonus of great diving in your backyard. Miami and FLL give you the added bonus of being an easy drive to the Keys, Boynton, Palm Beach and cave country is an easy trip as well. We look forward to having you join us!!!!

And if you move to FLL you'll be very close to the best martini around.:wink::martini:

There you go. FLL it is. You can visit Miami.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom