i'm losing my other baby girl (dog) right now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take care, you are in my prayers. I think it is the utter innocence and unconditional love which animals give us which makes it so hard when their time comes. Let us know if there is anything you need to talk about.

Brian

I will be praying for you as well.

Chad

from me and from astro. without your help, and the help of a few other friends, i don't know how i would have made it through the night.

thank you with all my heart.

astro and i are waiting for our friends, then we're off to the vet. if i have enough strength of character, i'll brush my teeth first. (that's a weak attempt at a joke. i am definitely changing out of my jammies :))

love,

judy

Judy-My heart goes out to you, Your story brought a tear to my eye as well as I too had a wonderful dog named Kona that had to be put down due to hip displasia...one of the hardest things I have ever had to do..but it was fo the best.
Im sure Astro had a wonderful life filled with lots of love,he will live on in your hearts and memeories!
Thoughts and prayers are with you!
Drew

to hear this. I know it's really hard to lose a pet - animals fill a certain space it our lives, and it is so empty when they go.

...for your loss. I lost my beloved pet of 13 years over Thanksgiving holiday. It is really hard to go through, because our pets are loyal friends that only ask for our love (and a little food) in return. they depend on us and we on them. I think we depend on our pets more than they depend on us, some times. They are there to cheer us up and to show us that life isn't sooo bad. Right now, I know you feel real bad, and your bud isn't there to hug, when you need it most. I think the hardest thing with pets is that we get them when they are little babies, see them grow up, and see them get old and feeble. It ends up being a real growth experience for us!! Hold onto the good memories, and thank God for blessing you for all those years of fun with Astro. My prayers are with you, Astro, and your family. Take care.
Jeff

Judy,

So sorry about your kid. There are a lot people that are on this board who can tell you a million stories about losing their pets, but none of them were your Astro. I've been through it, too, a year ago, and I know how incredibly hard it is.

Take care of Astro, take care of yourself.

Sue

In the words of a famous person whose name escapes me, maybe Roy Rodgers?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

Sorry for your loss.
Lisa

thank you, lisacats, for the reminder. i've used that phrase for years to try to console friends who have lost their dogs. now i need to adopt it as my mantra.

so.....

her head in my lap, astro left the vet's office for heaven at about 11:30 a.m. today after a lethal dose of anesthesia. she was ready, she was peaceful, she didn't move. her ashes will be returned to me, as were kona's ashes.

it has been five months and six days since kona died. this weekend i was planning to drive to north carolina's outer banks and scatter her ashes there. now i plan to wait until i can send them both off together.

love and peace to you all,

judy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom