I'm having withdrawls and I need a dive buddy/buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TRUETEXAN

Contributor
Reaction score
I am badly wanting to make a few dives at Scuba Point at Possum Kingdom lake, or any other place on the lake for that matter. My regular dive buddy can't go diving for the next few weeks and I don't want to wait that long. Scuba Point is a really neat scuba park, but there are also lots of other places to dive on the lake. You do not need a boat to dive at Scuba Point, however if someone wants to go out to a different place I know the lake very well and I will supply the boat, (pontoon boat) so several divers could go....Let me know if you are interested! :mean:

I would love to Ari, the old pocket book just won't allow it right now though..

Besides that, I don't know if there is enough room in the overhead storage compartment for my ten gallon hat on the plane ride over....

You can probably DHL the hat ahead of time. Anyway, an extra 10 gallons of water add a lot of weight. Hope you have a 20 gallon BC.

Let me know when the pocketbook situation changes.

Ari :wink:

This next week (through Sunday):
-- Regs are in for annuals
-- Gotta work Saturday
-- Got Class #1 for my SDI DM course on Sunday

Following week (1st weekend of March)
-- Drysuit arrives
-- Might get Regs back from shop
-- Might have Saturday off
-- Might be able to dive.

TT, what are you quallfied and geared for? Shallow? Deeper?

BillP and TexasMike, if you guys are serious about going just send me a PM with the dates over the next couple of weeks that you can go and I will set it up. I just got through putting new bottle brackets on the boat along with a new top and a hot water spray down station. Also I happen to know where an old houseboat sunk in the summer of 2000, and I am pretty sure nobody has been down on it yet, it is in about 65ft of water and I am really wanting to go check it out!

Originally posted by TRUETEXAN
BillP and TexasMike, if you guys are serious about going just send me a PM with the dates over the next couple of weeks that you can go and I will set it up. I just got through putting new bottle brackets on the boat along with a new top and a hot water spray down station. Also I happen to know where an old houseboat sunk in the summer of 2000, and I am pretty sure nobody has been down on it yet, it is in about 65ft of water and I am really wanting to go check it out!

This sounds like a plan that needs to be added to the TSDT calendar of events! I haven't been to Possum Kingdom...yet. How many did you say your boat would hold??? :D

If y'all throw something together, I might like to tag along. TT, what's the water temp @ PK this time of year? I don't know if I'll be able to hold up with only a 2.5 mil full body wetsuit and a 2.5 mil shorty over it. I might be willing to give it a try though. I did 60 degree water in that outfit with TM, but I don't know if I could go much colder..unless the air temp was 90 degrees or something like that so I would be able to warm back up. I have a used drysuit I bought on eBay that should show up this week sometime. I hope the thing fits and works OK. I gotta get it checked out and if it fits and is in decent shape I'll be up and runnin' for some chilly water divin'.

My boat will comfotably hold about eight divers and gear, I know the lake very well, and I can even get us authorization to dive in Hell's Gate, which is generally off limits to divers now, and since it is where everybody hangs out in the summer time floating around on their boats, there are lots of interesting things down there. Hell's Gate is anywhere from about 20ft-95ft. The water at PK right now is about 50, but it should start warming up pretty soon.

My main dive buddy and I were thinking about running a boat dive operation on PK as soon as we finish our DM class. There are a lot of people that dive at Scuba Point since it is specially built for diving and there are lots of things to see there, including sunken boats and cars, and a Pecan tree orchard out deeper, and you don't have to have a boat.I I am ot really trying to make a bunch of money on the dive trip thing, I am more interested in meeting people who share my interest and maybe form a diving group where everybody pitches in for gas and stuff like that and I am willing to go to several different places, and I am trying my best to properly equip my boat to make diving from it fun and easy. I guess what I am trying to say is that I really enjoy diving and would like to meet more people who might be interested in doing the boat diving thing. I know how it is to not have a boat and wish that you did. I can always run trips on PK for a little extra cash every now and then, right now I just thought it might be fun to offer my boat and PK lake knowledge with others who like to dive and instead of paying big$$$$ for a boat dive, just split the expense of gas and stuff and have fun diving!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom