I'm going to Bohol...finally

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chip104:
hey greatwolf, I'm super jealous. Have fun! We should all meet up when you're in the manila area.

When will you be in anilao? Maybe we could do a dive trip before your skin art.

Definitely mate. I'm keen on visiting Pao's "office"...hehehe.

I might be in Anilao either 30th or 31st of Dec.

greatwolf:
Definitely mate. I'm keen on visiting Pao's "office"...hehehe.

I might be in Anilao either 30th or 31st of Dec.
cool, maybe I can get a daytrip in. Keep us posted on your exact date. If not possible to dive at least meet up in Manila.

Finally arrived in Bohol today...

Did 2 wall dives today. First one in the morning an hour after getting off the plane. I was so amazed with all the corals(you gotta understand...there are no corals in Sydney...lol). I'm glad that I took my camera with me. I'm too excited to write a trip report at the moment. Even my logbook's pretty blank, I'll just fill it up later and do a proper trip report here as well.

I am very much dismayed that I didn't get to dive with Chip, Spoon, Iris and Jag(who graciously offered transport for me, with Chip organizing everything). I was meant to join the boys and girls on a 2 day dive trip to Anilao. Unfortunately, my tonsils started swelling on the 28th. I had to go to the doctor who advised me that they're really bad. and would advise me against diving as I had a fever as well. It must have been due to my earlier dive in Subic on the 27th as I was pretty much sweating like a pig when I got in the car after the dive, then we had the airconditioning at full blast. Well, I'm sure there's a next time. Maybe we can go dive in a watering hole somewhere in Makati or Ortigas.

Subic was great as well. I was pretty much a Philippine diving virgin before Subic. I dove with Johann's in Subic. They have a fantastic crew. I can't believe how pampered we are here. I'm not used to other people carrying my gear for me...but hey, I'm not complaining. Did my first wreck, the El Capitan, we penetrated this wreck as the exits are pretty much visible from the inside. I don't think I like wreck diving that much though, or it could just be this dive as vis was pretty bad.

I took my 5mm wetsuit with me, which is fine...although I'm having issues with my weighting. We tried taking 8lbs from my 20lbs weight requirements, as my wetsuit's pretty much worn in by now. I couldn't descend at all with only 12lbs. I'm currently on 16lbs but I've noticed that I still have to pretty much swim down at shallow depths.

I'm doing 3 dives in Balicasag tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom