I'm Finished....Finally!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubble Junky:
Drop them an e-mail, telling them that you are waiting to start work and ask them nicely to send you an e-mail with your number as soon as your form is processed.......
Worked for me !
Any guestimates on how long it may take for them to process the forms?

CompuDude:
Any guestimates on how long it may take for them to process the forms?
I've never dealt with PADI Americas, so not sure, but should'ne be too long. Another idea for getting it through quickly is to fax the application form in beofre you post it. Just politely tell them you need to start working ASAP, and again ask for the e-mail with your member number. That way they can pretty much have it processed and are just waiting for your photo to arrive.

Joe-Diver:
That's a great idea....I'll give the mail a few days to arrive and maybe hit them up Monday.....:D
Assuming from your profile you're in Texas. You should have sent in an application when you started you DM courses, some weird State of Texas rule. You then should have received a letter back from PADI with two things on it....1- a note telling you to pay less (the amount of the original application) when you send in your final paperwork, and 2- your pre-assigned number! If you did this, you've had your number all during your DMC training and didn't even know it. I didn't know until an instructor told me. I had to go back and find that letter and sure enough, there was the number!

Yeah, I didn't realize that was my "number" and I should have listed it on my application. I did note to subtract the $15 app fee already paid though. I'll call them Monday and see if they got my app, and if so to note that number on it so they don't issue me a new one.

I'm right along side ya Dartref....I responded in that "yelling for help" thread....I was in the big group next to yours last weekend! :D

Good for you. The industry needs another indentured slave.....................I mean Divemaster.:D

I hope things go well for you.

Don't do anything for free now. It will only perpetuate the cycle of being used and abused. You are a pro. Free air does not pay the insurance bill, gas to and from the site, and yearly dues. 15%off MAP is not a deal on gear. You put in the slave time during your internship. Have fun and make some money. Tips are a good thing from the students whose life you hold in your hands while the instructor is busy with someone else, remind them of that.

Cool...the 400 was the last thing I did as well, except for the Professionalism review which was done while we finalized the paperwork and filled out the application.

I already had my 12 points from the other swims, so the 400 was a leisurely splash in the water. :wink:

Nicely done and sincere congrats Joe. You can call PADI - 1-800-pay-padi and they'll have your pro number before it arrives in most cases.
Welcome to the big timers. Nobody ever expects you to giant stride with only one fin on, but you'll always crack the boat crew up when it does happen.
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom