I'll never be a "real" diver...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is one Dork Diver who doesn't have any problem about peeing in my wetsuit. And I can prove that I am a DD because I have some shocking pink Force Fins, a couple of retractors with various unecessary item on them , all used and rebuilt 1970-80 Dacor regs, a 13cf Pony tank, multi-color and too-long wet suit I bought off of _bay, a Libra BC with dry suit air valves and no corregated hose, largest snorkel you can buy, purge type mask, a ducky blaster, and various other sundry items which qualify me. But peeing, no problemo. In fact if I drink a lot before or between dives I might just pee two or three times. It feels sooooooooo good. Just be sure to head into the current.

Well, at least you know that if you ever switch to a dry suit that you won't go in it:D

... sounds like good rational for having a front zip wetsuit... with a zipper that works bottom up... or top down... (dual zipper... )... if somebody isn't making these... well... WHY NOT???

There are no problems... only solutions waiting to be found...

RICHinNC:
You sound like a candidate for the Dork Divers !! Come join us.

LOL!!! Love the Specialty Course.. I need it.. Hanging it out off the boat is ok:mooner: , but we had an 18 year old girl on the boat with us. (The boat owner's daughter) If she heard "Becky, don't look!!!" one more time, I think she would have screamed!!:light: Hah.. This was just one of those light-hearted stories you like to pass along to see who's with you in your quandary.

Oh, I'm with the Dorks.. I'm the one getting the cards printed up for Dave. Hoping to get the prototype printed up next week for his approval.

I have a hard time peeing underwater too. I've pretty much resorted to brute force and persistence. Definately takes some effort for me, I'm sure my face was all red the other day, haha.

If it makes you feel any better, after 10 dives with it, I have yet to use the pee valve on my drysuit. I just don't trust it.

I got the plans for a P valve off the internet and a sample of the condom-like apparatus which goes on your willy. They came in three sizes; Lg, Md and Sm. Sorry, but the Sm was too Lg. I sent them an email and asked if they had a Sm'r Sm and they didn't answer. So what was I to do but to learn to P in the wetsuit?

Hey...just let me know ahead of time when you think you get this resolved, ok?

Dive Buddy Dee

There are lots of people who can't pee in their wetsuit so you're not alone. I have no problem with it but when I'm wearing a full suit instead of a shorty, I wait until the SI and go in the water with the suit pulled down. With a shorty, I would just pull the leg up a little and go right into the water.

Peeing in your wetsuit is over rated anyways.... but hey. That six hour class sounds fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom