I'll never be a "real" diver...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleHall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, it’s official. I am never going to be a “real” diver. :no My Story: We went spear fishing in the Gulf of Mexico this past weekend. This was my first spear fishing adventure and I was looking forward to it. Saturday went off without a hitch and I even got my first two kills. Sunday came and we were at it again. About 3/4 way through the day, trying to keep hydrated, the old pain started rising in the kidneys and I knew I would have to pee very soon. It was going to be my turn to stay on the boat next while the rest dove, so I knew I could get relief in the next 30 minutes or so. As it turned out, the rest weren’t going to dive and I was chosen as one of only two to splash on this dive. (The last of the day and the weekend) So, we geared up and went in. I got down to the bottom and knew I was going to have to “go.” No matter what I did, I couldn’t make it happen in my wetsuit. I tried everything I could think of. I even entertained the idea of stripping down behind the wreck we were diving and doing “au la natural” but, the thought of the other guy spear fishing coming around the corner while my gear lay on the bottom and the rest of my “gear” hanging out didn’t enthuse me, so I just dealt with not being able to go at depth. So, the next thought was, when we surfaced, I’d hang out to the side while he climbed the ladder and I’d do it then. The surface chop had gotten so bad while we were down, I didn’t even think about it while I waited for my turn. I was trying to not get hit by the boat. I was never so glad to see the marina as I was when we docked that afternoon. Luckily, the office folks were very accommodating with their bathroom. They even asked why I didn’t go in my wetsuit and I told them the story. So, as I stated at the beginning: It’s official: I’ll never be a “real” diver because I can’t pee in my wetsuit. :D

Man's gotta know his limitations. :)

But, then again, "us guys" can just hang off of the bowsprit.

But, then again, "us guys" can just hang off of the bowsprit.

Yeah, for that "I'm the king of the world!" feeling. Watch out if you're sailing into the wind, though.

I find myself constantly trying to flush my wetsuit if I pee in it. The warm feeling creeping up is just not comforting. When I start pulling at my collar area on my wetsuit and unzipping my ankles, you now know why.

You sound like a candidate for the Dork Divers !! Come join us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom