Ikelite housing for Canon S95?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I checked with a dealer, and they said it'd be faster if I ordered it directly from you (Ikelite) since they don't normally stock that part. I tried digging around your site, but didn't see an ordering option - should I just call the main line (4523) directly?

Thanks again

We're back from Bonaire, and I now have time to attend to closure on some loose ends.

We got the S95 housing in time, and it worked just fine over 14 dives it was used on. Ms. reefduffer is very happy with her first foray into real underwater photography (no strobe, just the camera's flash). Looks like she will will want to do more of it, which means more diving, which means I'm happy. See the plan?

I want to thank Jean on Ikelite staff for his guidance on product availability via PM, and particularly a salesman named Ted at B&H Photo, who promised me the housing the Wednesday before the Monday we left, and delivered.

Yay! My Ikelite housing for my canon S95 arrived yesterday.

I attached the "cog" on the front and popped the camera into the housing. Fitted really well. When I closed the back of the housing and turned the camera on, I noticed that the right hand side of the LCD screen was depressed so much that it lit up. When I pressed the DISP button, it lit up even more.

It appears that the foam around the LCD is pressing down really hard on the rhs edge of the camera just where it joins the screen (the side between the buttons and the screen), especially on the bottom right hand corner, causing the screen to light up. Surely this can't be good for the screen? This is a brand new camera and I need to keep it a few more years!

I've checked to see that the camera is fully pushed into the housing and it is.

Anyone got a fix on this? I am really concerned.

Thanks!

Yay! My Ikelite housing for my canon S95 arrived yesterday.

I attached the "cog" on the front and popped the camera into the housing. Fitted really well. When I closed the back of the housing and turned the camera on, I noticed that the right hand side of the LCD screen was depressed so much that it lit up. When I pressed the DISP button, it lit up even more.

It appears that the foam around the LCD is pressing down really hard on the rhs edge of the camera just where it joins the screen (the side between the buttons and the screen), especially on the bottom right hand corner, causing the screen to light up. Surely this can't be good for the screen? This is a brand new camera and I need to keep it a few more years!

I've checked to see that the camera is fully pushed into the housing and it is.

Anyone got a fix on this? I am really concerned.

Thanks!

Any answers on this issue.. I am considering the S95 or G12... looking at the options..

Reefduffer, did you have the LCD shade problems that some people are having? I just ordered an Ikelite housing and then saw the thread discussing problems, ugh!

Reefduffer, did you have the LCD shade problems that some people are having? I just ordered an Ikelite housing and then saw the thread discussing problems, ugh!

Not that we noticed. My wife used the camera in the housing for 14 dives, it worked fine with no hint of mis-operation or flood, and the camera has been fine and functional since.

We were done with our trip before this issue was posted, and my wife has not done the described test of turning on the camera with the lens cap on and looking for light patterns in the lcd caused by stress. That doesn't mean it isn't present at all, maybe we have it to a lesser degree and haven't noticed, but we haven't specifically looked for it

But per the recommendation from Ikelite staff in http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ikelite/361066-concern-over-ikelite-housing-canons95.html post #20 & 21, my wife has requested the replacement lens shade from Ikelite.

Back
Top Bottom