Iguana Reef Inn - Caye Caulker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are planning a trip to Belize next spring/early summer and have begun researching. She does not dive but enjoys snorkeling and just relaxing. We found infor on the web about Iguana Reef Inn. I'm fairly certain we will stay on Caye Caulker as it is closer to the outer dive sites (Blue hole, lighthouse, elbow) and dives seem to be a bit cheaper there. Has anyone stayed at the Iguana Reef Inn? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hi Oldschool

You have your information incorrect the diving on Caye Caulker is quite a bit more than Ambergris Caye a 2 tank dive on Ambergris Caye on average is $75.00 where as on Caye Caulker its between $85-$110 for local reef dives the diff in price depends on where they dive as they charge extra for diving the Marine reserve or any dive further from the island.

While in theory it is closer to the Blue Hole and the Elbow the local diving I would say is a better off Ambergris Caye and the diff between the distance from Ambergris and Caye Caulker to the Blue Hole and Elbow is marginal at best.

Iguana Reef is a nice place located on the Lagoon side of the island right next to a dive center called Belize Diving Services.

Gaz Cooper

Hey Oldschool

I just followed up on your post and visited Belize Diving services whoes NEW pricelist shows local diving at $65 for 2 dives and $125.00 for a 3 tank Blue Hole Trip to Lighthouse Reef so you are correct that it seems like its cheaper however I do have to question the Blue Hole Price of just $125.00 for 3 dives to the Blue Hole as that seems ridiculously cheap for example the park entrance fee alone is $40.00 per person so that would need to be reconfirmed by contacting them but I cant imagine it being so cheap.

Something does not look right with those prices so be sure to contact them and get clarification prior to booking Iguana Reef if those prices are confirmed its a steal

I also checked Frenchies out and there prices are the same as i mentioned in my first post for example $100 to Hol Chan compared to $75.00 for the same trip from Ambergris Caye Blue Hole trip $196.50 US so that is cheaper than Ambergris.

Of course those could be off season prices also so be sure to clarify

Gaz

I'll check with my source Gaz, but I was led to believe that local dives from CC now cost substantially more than the figure you quote. OTOH, in San Pedro at the moment you can easily get 2 local dives for $60-65, and one operator (guess which!) is offering them for $50.

I think you'll find $125 for a BH dive trip does not include the park fee of $40, and very likely also not GST of 12.5%. Nor can I imagine it including equipment rental.

I'll check with my source Gaz, but I was led to believe that local dives from CC now cost substantially more than the figure you quote. OTOH, in San Pedro at the moment you can easily get 2 local dives for $60-65, and one operator (guess which!) is offering them for $50.

I think you'll find $125 for a BH dive trip does not include the park fee of $40, and very likely also not GST of 12.5%. Nor can I imagine it including equipment rental.

Yes Peter for sure I agree but thats the prices they are advertising on there website which led to a potential client to assume those prices are correct. I personally dont like to be penny pinched tell me the whole price upfront not its X amount plus plus plus plus its annoying

Its low season so sure everyone will discount to make it through to high season, would be interesting to see what you find out Peter on the real prices as it looks based on there site they have dropped there prices rather than increased.

Gaz

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I will definitely call to verify the costs.

Back
Top Bottom