If you were designing a new dive bag...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey ShakaZulu:
I'm happy to help out with your problem. The wheels assemblies on our bags are replaceable, we do not rivet them to the bags. They are now attached with stainless steel bolts which thread into an stainless insert. It's pretty easy to remove and replace the whole wheel assembly. Your bag must be from an early production before we switched over to stainless. BTW: now the axels on our wheels are a 3/16" 316 stainless steel shoulder bolt with a stainless nylon lock-nut. We don't use traditional bearings in our wheels bags, we find that those little ball bearings and grease are no good around sand and salt water. We tooled up a nylon hub injection molded from nylon material. It does a good job providing good service in and around the ocean. I don't know what's up with your wheels, but I'm eager to look them over. Give me a call and I'll replace the wheels free of cost to you. We get very few problems with our wheels and anytime we do we offer to replace them for free. I am leave the middle of next week for a month or so in Asia (I've got to work on the new gear). Call me early next week. I'll fix you up. 866 977-2822.

ShakaZulu:
http://www.xsscuba.com/wheeled_bags.php I have this one, but the wheels are already giving me trouble and the bolts inside are rusting..............I like that it has ventilated side pockets, towls and stuff. I also like the straps inside to secure your gear during travel. The seperate regulator bag is kewl, unzip on the plane and take it with you, else it's on the bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom