If you could only...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm currently using the Twin Jets, but I don't like the propulsion they provide (or don't provide) when frog kicking. Thinking about getting Eddy Fin. I know Twin Jet is supposed to be close to neutral, but the Eddy is slightly positive. Have you had any issues with floaty feet while diving wet?
No issues with floaty feet for me in a wetsuit. I can't use them in a drysuit though.

I'm currently using the Twin Jets, but I don't like the propulsion they provide (or don't provide) when frog kicking. Thinking about getting Eddy Fin. I know Twin Jet is supposed to be close to neutral, but the Eddy is slightly positive. Have you had any issues with floaty feet while diving wet?

Oddly enough I have not. I say that because in my OW class I had major issues with floaty feet. So much so they got me into ankle weights. I have since ditched those and had zero issues with the Eddy fins. They are slightly positive but just slightly.

I could be wrong but I believe the Eddy was made with the frog kick in mind but @cerich would be the one to confirm that or call em crazy.

Jetfins. I've been using them for nearly three decades without a problem.
I still own my original pair bought in 1969. I dove them until I tried the Batfins seven years or so ago. I never looked back!

Jet Fins for drysuit and wetsuit. Although I have found the Nova Sea Wings work great in currents, especially mountain rivers.

I still own my original pair bought in 1969. I dove them until I tried the Batfins seven years or so ago. I never looked back!
How are the foot pockets? I need giant spaces for my drysuit boots.

How are the foot pockets? I need giant spaces for my drysuit boots.
As roomy as the XXL Jets are, both the Hollis and the Deep6 are roomier and more comfortable.

I just surprised that it took this long for someone to realize that the top of a foot isn't a flat surface.

Last time I saw Force Fins the "pocket" wasn't flat on top. If only they sold hockeys for the price of accels...

Since 2003, Jet fins. Scubapro, not clones or copies. XL, with spring straps (separate purchase). I'm now on my second set as the first set finally broke at the strap attachment point. I also now have a spare set, "just in case".

When I owned a suit with rock boots, I had to buy a pair of Turtles because nothing else had a fin pocket that would fit those boots, but I sold that suit and don't use the turtles now.

I also still have my very first set of fins I bought in 2000 - a set of blue Mares fins that I still use in the pool when teaching. Funny thing is they fit the rock boots very well, so I did use them for a time with that suit in the ocean.

Last time I saw Force Fins the "pocket" wasn't flat on top. If only they sold hockeys for the price of accels...

They are nicely rounded on top. The camera angle makes them look flat.

Price/Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Back
Top Bottom