If you could go anywhere...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with MichaelBaranows, Grand Cayman....Check out Plantana Condos for a very relaxing location on Seven Mile Beach and Deep Blue Divers for a great dive op.

Bloody Bay Wall, Little Cayman or Cayman Brac by house (vrbo.com) and boat over to Bloody Bay (20 minutes) for diving. Too bad the all-inclusive Divi left Brac years ago but it's still a winner.

Cayman Islands. Beautiful, romantic, awesome diving/snorkeling/relaxing.

Have to vote for Cayman also, great place for a honeymoon if you're looking for a touch of romance and luxury as well as some good diving..
Also, there is some really good shore diving on GC, so you can dive as a couple at your own pace.

Grand Cayman will provide a beach as well as good diving, yet it will also offer more expense. The Brac will offer a lot more quiet with yet better diving than Grand and will be the least expensive but you have one choice for an op, Reef Divers (Brac Reef Resort). The best diving would be Little Cayman of the 3, and expensive as well, yet, the last two do not offer much of a beach if that is what you have in mind.

Turks and Caicos would be the most beautiful beach in the Caribbean and with Fifi (Caicos Adventures) you would dive off from west Caicos (a wonderful 45 min off the coast of Provo).
Grand Turk has some beach as well..not as beautiful as Grace Bay yet good enough, wall diving is on the menu which I love yet Grand Turk is a harder place to get to.

Bonaire is shore dive heaven, not much beach available on this Island either but the diving is great with the small stuff especially. Watch out for the cruise ships (pod people) while in town.
Dive at your own pace and when you want. With a car rental the price does add up as well as getting to Bonaire.

Cozumel, can't be beat for price and some quality dives, yet you have to think about drinking the water and what they washed the lettuce with when having a salad. I guess I wouldn't risk my honeymoon on it.

Hawaii, this would be a top choice, but it's not the Caribbean.

I like the idea someone stated about a liveaboard in the V.I.'s, how about the Cuan Law, or in the Bahamas, Aqua Cat? We've done several liveaboards but none in the Caribbean.

I've got to go with the flow and recommend Grand Cayman. Stay at either Cobalt Coast or Lighthouse. They can accommodate your tech diving desires on site, as well as boat you over to some of the more recreational stuff that Sydney would enjoy. At either location, you have a good mix of seclusion with close to town for shopping and sight seeing. Cayman also has the advantage of being easy to get to. You can fly direct from Tampa or Miami.
Cobalt Coast Dive Resort - Caribbean hotel room rates, Grand Cayman

http://www.lighthouse-point-cayman.com/

BTW, when are the invitations coming out???:wink:

Cozumel, can't be beat for price and some quality dives, yet you have to think about drinking the water and what they washed the lettuce with when having a salad. I guess I wouldn't risk my honeymoon on it.

This actually describes every restaurant you walk in to in the world... :D

This actually describes every restaurant you walk in to in the world... :D

1.Not when you've had enough friends that have come back from Coz sick.

2.Not when you've had enough of your friends as well as yourself not come back sick from other parts of the world or the Caribbean. This has happened to me in Coz but not in Grand Cayman, Little Cayman or Cayman Brac, not in St. Maarten, not in Aruba or Bonaire, not in the Bahamas, not in Turks and Caicos, not in Costa Rica or Australia or South Africa, not in France, not in Egypt, not in Papau New Guinea, not in Canada, not in Guam, not in the Virgin Islands or Swaziland.

So my friend, I disagree with you and can tell you from my experience what has happened to me and my friends and I will not tend to spend precious time and money in a place that I might have to gamble if I get sick or not.

Does Sydney dive?
Pirates Point Resort, Little Cayman Island

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom