If you could ask TSA two questions..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the end of a trip, I purposely pack all my dirty clothes as the top layer in my bag. Underwear and socks are on the very top, followed by shirts then pants/shorts. I take great pleasure when I find an inspection notice in my bag or watch as they open and root around. Hasn't happened much lately, so maybe the word is out on me.

Oy! The angst in this thread!

I always try to treat my fellow man as JUST that: another human being. Everyone deserves respect: even the person with the lowliest job or IQ. There is no need to be a snob towards others and in fact, kindness is the BEST attitude to have towards everyone!

What I would like to know about the TSA is simple. Are you going to make the process any easier? People don't like this, and that means they will not tolerate it for much longer.

Also, what are you doing about those coming in from other airports and then transferring? Are you relying on customs inspections here? My bags coming from Russia were never scrutinized. I know this for a fact.

This is one of the main problems, common sense would say, let's check all those foreign nationals that come from problem countries or those that are from this country that appear to be dressed or look as if they could be from a terrorist organization. Why do random checking on gray hair old ladies/ kids or myself as again common sense would say these are Americans who are not dressed like those that would harm America, they do not have turbins and exude an attitude, they do not try to cover their face in attempt to hide who they are, they are not between certain known ages, as it has been made known that terrorists are between certain groups and certain ethnic groups. We all have to have a search procedure because the ACLU wouldn't allow a group to be picked on...unless they are Patriots or Christian...and that covers most of Americans.

I have absolutely no sympathy for individual agents. I work at the airport and I can honestly say that every single one of them is an absolute idiot without exception. The only reason they took the job was because they failed their civil service exam.

I have met a lot of individuals that work at TSA and they are not all idiots. Like anything in life there are always exceptions.

This is one of the main problems, common sense would say, let's check all those foreign nationals that come from problem countries or those that are from this country that appear to be dressed or look as if they could be from a terrorist organization. Why do random checking on gray hair old ladies/ kids or myself as again common sense would say these are Americans who are not dressed like those that would harm America, they do not have turbins and exude an attitude, they do not try to cover their face in attempt to hide who they are, they are not between certain known ages, as it has been made known that terrorists are between certain groups and certain ethnic groups. We all have to have a search procedure because the ACLU wouldn't allow a group to be picked on...unless they are Patriots or Christian...and that covers most of Americans.

It is not a fact that all terrorists are one age group or one demographic or from a certain country. They are white, black, young and old. There are a lot more terrorists out there besides those with middle eastern backgrounds. The people you see wearing their traditional clothing are proud of their heratige, the Hijab is an honor to wear, why should they hide that? The so called attitude that you see might be frustration for the "random" searches that they must go through everytime they fly home.

Ok I am off to class, I have printed off a list of questions from you guys and hope to get some answers. Thats if I dont get the stonewall, "Operational Security" answer that I find common. Also there is a website that TSA had set up that takes inquires like these Air your Security Gripes on TSA Blog at: Evolution of Security . There is supposed to be some interaction with TSA instead of a question going into some deep hole.

Wow. This is quite a statement. Scary.

I would like to know why they let my wife on the plane, She is a 4th degree black belt and could kill all of us with her bare hands. Yet my finger nail clippers are a dangerous weapon???

My son who forgot he had a scissors in his backpack was stopped. They measured the scissors and said it was short enough to be allowed. We could have then easily taken the scissors apart and had 2 nice sharp weapons!

It is not a fact that all terrorists are one age group or one demographic or from a certain country. They are white, black, young and old. There are a lot more terrorists out there besides those with middle eastern backgrounds. The people you see wearing their traditional clothing are proud of their heratige, the Hijab is an honor to wear, why should they hide that? The so called attitude that you see might be frustration for the "random" searches that they must go through everytime they fly home.

It is a fact that the most likely terrorist are in age from 18 to 40, it is more likely that the terrorist is middle eastern/moslem background. Yes, there are others who have attempted terrorist actions who are from other ethnic backgound but take a look at what has transpired over the last 10 years and you'll find world wide that a demographic for terrorist does exist. Think about the last two world trade center bombings in America, the bombings in Australia, in Malasia, in Italy, in Britain and tell me these are not from the demographic that I have stated. This is not even including the the bombings in Israel, or any so called moslem country.
If people want to be proud to wear a Hijab then let them speak out against terrorism, I have never, repeat, never heard this happen! Let them condemn actions that show little respect, for their nieghbors and for countries that exude a point of freedom in religion. If this can not happen then what is the point of being proud to wear Hijab?
Why don't we hear DAILY about the moslems who are speaking out about human rights? Why would you be proud of a heritage that wants to kill westerners whose point of view/religion is different than theirs unless this is what you want the world to become?

Back
Top Bottom