If you booked a Coz trip this summer with Orbitz, (including air) - read this post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While Orbitz certainly does not have any control over the changes airlines make (and they certainly do love changing flight times!), they do claim that they will notify you and keep the information in the "my trips" section of your account updated, neither of which seem to happen regularly:

•Your itinerary details always are available in "My Trips ". We will note any changes made and make every effort possible to contact you by e-mail if your reservation has changed. We recommend you check your itinerary in "My Trips" periodically before your trip.

It seems unlikely that they would be unable to contact me via e-mail since they do manage to send me e-mails for their promotions almost daily. Most frequent travelers know they need to be proactive and keep on top of your own reservations, but if you're not a regular traveler and don't know some of these things, it could turn out to be a huge problem.

When I booked my res thru Orbitz a few months back, I went to the airline site immediately, and sure enough my requests were filed wrong. Changed my seats and registered my email. :cool: A good idea no matter how you book, even direct with the airline.

Also good to just look at your res on airline site monthly. :D

That is very sage advice. I agree 100%

While Orbitz certainly does not have any control over the changes airlines make (and they certainly do love changing flight times!), they do claim that they will notify you and keep the information in the "my trips" section of your account updated, neither of which seem to happen regularly:

It seems unlikely that they would be unable to contact me via e-mail since they do manage to send me e-mails for their promotions almost daily. Most frequent travelers know they need to be proactive and keep on top of your own reservations, but if you're not a regular traveler and don't know some of these things, it could turn out to be a huge problem.

This is the first time that I've used Orbitz, so the jury is still out. I'm a pretty cheap bastard, and usually get great deals by doing everything a la' carte(sp?), but I couldn't get anywhere close, especially when using the code to save $400.00(per couple).

I did receive an e-mail. Even after the e-mail, Orbitz seat assignments in "my trips" for one of the flights, is different that those on the AA site. I confirmed with an AA agent that the airline web-site takes precedence. I also printed the itinerary.

I agree as a frequently traveller, you learn to be proactive.

Orbitz also cancelled my flights to Cozumel in October but they did send me an email and also called my cell to notify me of the change.You just need to give them contact information and sign up for notifications with your Orbitz account.
Orbitz has been great with their discounts over the last couple of years and have helped me to get to Cozumel several times a year.

This is the first time that I've used Orbitz, so the jury is still out. I'm a pretty cheap bastard, and usually get great deals by doing everything a la' carte(sp?), but I couldn't get anywhere close, especially when using the code to save $400.00(per couple).

I did receive an e-mail. Even after the e-mail, Orbitz seat assignments in "my trips" for one of the flights, is different that those on the AA site. I confirmed with an AA agent that the airline web-site takes precedence. I also printed the itinerary.

I agree as a frequently traveller, you learn to be proactive.
So how did you save $400 per couple? It's $200/room, so how did you manage that? My bud and I saved $200 each on private rooms but then we never refer to ourselves as a couple. :laughing:

I can only guess as how Orbitz screws up on the seat assignments, but regardless - great place to save money for us cheap folks, but confirm and verify everything. :eyebrow:

•Your itinerary details always are available in "My Trips ". We will note any changes made and make every effort possible to contact you by e-mail if your reservation has changed. We recommend you check your itinerary in "My Trips" periodically before your trip.

Haha they better at one side huh? :D

So how did you save $400 per couple? It's $200/room, so how did you manage that? My bud and I saved $200 each on private rooms but then we never refer to ourselves as a couple. :laughing:

I can only guess as how Orbitz screws up on the seat assignments, but regardless - great place to save money for us cheap folks, but confirm and verify everything. :eyebrow:

Haha they better at one side huh? :D

Ouch!

I meant $200.00.....ummm....errr.....you know what I mean!! :blush:

Hey, I had reservations change when a flight was dropped. The new reservations had my connecting flight leaving New Jersey before my originating flight took off from New Hampshire. I never could convince anyone that was unlikely to work. In the end, we insisted the new departure time wouldn't work for us and rebuilt the trip from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom