If not Phils or Indo, then?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did SR , just five nights, in the middle of an 8 week sabbatical.The rest was all diving.You will see loads in five days. It’s hard to get an English speaking guide so books one straight away when you get there. They all have at least one degree in Cambodian history and are absolutely superb. Tones San was beautiful and can be combined with temples easily.

We are just back from Ko Lanta, the coral seems much improved compared with 2014 and there are plenty of fish. We kept missing a whaleshark, but the mantas had not appeared yet this year. But we saw some very nice macro ,lovely soft coral sites and of course that beautiful food.

Already have a recommended tuktuk driver (yes, I’m obsessed with pre planning)

Great to hear about the corals in Koh Lanta! Who did you dive with? What dive sites do you recommend? For sure Hin Daeng/Hin Muang, but it’s such a long trip.

Great, I also had an excellent tuk tuk driver , but the professional guide was so so good.

We did Phi Phi and Lipe the previous weeks and the coral and fish life there was also much better. I was overjoyed to see Maya Bay the way it should be, without people or rubbish. Phi Phi diving was good too as was Lipe. We dived with Scubafish in Kantiang Bay, a great great dive shop with absolutely everything done for you : chocolate croissants for breakfast and home made cake for afternoon tea on the way back. We did Ko Haa three times which was very nice and then Hin Muang and Daeng on one day. SF has a speedboat for HM and D so you get there in an hour and a bit. We had two amazing Thai DMs on that trip who saw so so so much, their spotting ability I would say is on par with Lembeh guides.The fish life was incredible, but no mantas sadly.

Back
Top Bottom