If backplate/wing systems are so good, why do people sell them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I have edited and/or deleted a number of posts that involved name-calling, used inflammatory language, or were just plain unfriendly as well as those that referenced such content. Debate all you like but remember the TOS apply. Thank you.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I have edited and/or deleted a number of posts that involved name-calling, used inflammatory language, or were just plain unfriendly as well as those that referenced such content. Debate all you like but remember the TOS apply. Thank you.

Sometime name calling and inflammatory language make for entertaining threads. :)
Most here are grown up's.....besides, this isn't the beginner diver section, so why not just let it play out?

I sometime get the feeling that Scuba Board has too many cry babies that love to hit the "report post" button.

Sometimes the name calling and inflammatory language are meant to be humorous or tongue in cheek...but someone takes things the wrong way......

-Mitch

BP/Wings are more versatile (i.e. more adjustable, so that the same basic pieces can fit a wide variety of body shapes), but not infinitely so. One person may start out with steel, find it too heavy, and go to aluminum. Another may find the wing they originally got has more lift than they need so is a little sluggish, another may switch wing shape for better trim, based on their body shape and size. As poster #2 mentioned, some folks are switching to sidemount. I see lots of posts from people who switched from traditional jacked BCs to BP/W and say they'd never go back. I've seen posts from people who went from BP/W to jacket, but they are very rare.

I got mine when I started cave training, and you can't do cave in a BP/W at all. Got a single-tank adaptor for it and now use it exclusively; diving it with a single tank is almost like having nothing there at all in the water.

Christ...........I haven't seen Mr. Natural in years.................:wink:
Later,
John

Pullmyfinger,

I'd "like" your post, but then I'd be "dog piling" on Marg.

-hangfire...

Good one!
I had forgotten about "dog piling"....that'll get reported also. :D

I "like" that you "liked" my post....but in the most non-dog piling way possible. haha!

-Mitch

*Marg, is the Mod that brought the chair into the ring and smacked everyone down with it. haha!

Pullmyfinger,

I'd "like" your post, but then I'd be "dog piling" on Marg.

-hangfire...

I wanna like his post based solely on his name!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom