If backplate/wing systems are so good, why do people sell them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What system did you try? How long did you try it? and Why don't you like it?

Dive Rite Classic Wing on a Dive Rite plate. I don't use a BC underwater, only as surface flotation. I didn't even own any sort of BC until the fall of 2009. I didn't learn to dive with one (1965) and just didn't see the need for one until my sons decided to get into diving. I bought a horse collar first. I liked it and still have it. Then I bought a jacket and liked it as well. When I went to doubles, I bought the BP/W setup (because of what I read here on SB) and dived it for a summer. Hated it. Surface flotation was awkward at best. The danged thing kept wanting to face plant me, even with two steel 72s an 6lbs of lead on my back. I eventually configured an old style plastic backpack with twin bands and switched back to my horse collar when diving doubles. I usually use my double hose with my doubles anyway, so it works out.

I use my BCD for a single tank and my wing /back plate for doubles.

Back
Top Bottom