IE incredible!..whew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divedoggie:
There are some excellent Instructors at my shop who will include me for internship and team-teaching,.

That's a great way to start. I team taught one class each, for OW, Advanced and Rescue, with an experienced instructor. It made for a pretty smooth transition.

Divedoggie:
and Seth?
Yep, Seth was completing his IDC Staff Instructor training.

RonFrank:
Knotical,

What do you look like. I ask because I always seem to run into an instructor from CO Springs every time I'm at the hole. Do you have longish blond hair by chance?
Not guilty. Sorry. I'm bald, and I don't do the hole much anymore. It might be Luther, or someone from "the other store" in the Springs. If he's youngish, it could be their Josh. or . . . ?

Divedoggie:
Diving for my own pleasure and escape is really important to me. Locally, teaching has a lot of appeal because it provides a great purpose to dive in what normally may be "not overly exciting" recreational sites.
Diving new or unexplored Colorado sites, or travelling to exotic locations for diving is where I still want to dive for my own enjoyment.:coffee:

I'm just glad I got to know you before you became famous! :D :mooner:

Give me a days notice on lunch as I need to bring the stuff into work.

Way to Go Divedoggie!!!

Way to go Snoop Doggie!!! Was almost like I was there!

Congratulations!

pipefish:
Way to go Snoop Doggie!!! Was almost like I was there!

Congratulations!

Yeah..it almost seemed like it! Thanks for keeping things light via IM!:rofl3:

Im sorry for being a little slow on this one, but would some one fill me in on the acronyms... what is AI, IDC, and IE. I dont want to feel ignorant, but Im not following all of this.
Thanks,
Clay

Desert Pirate:
Im sorry for being a little slow on this one, but would some one fill me in on the acronyms... what is AI, IDC, and IE. I dont want to feel ignorant, but Im not following all of this.
Thanks,
Clay

AI - Assisant Instructor

IDC - Instructor Development Course
It's the first part you take to become an instructor. It's known by different acronyms with different agencies. PADI uses IDC. A lot of us, myself included, did this part with a local CD (Course Director). I'm not sure how it works now but once you successfully complete your IDC you became an AI when i went through it. Once you complete this part you move on to the final part required to become an instructor .... the IE.

IE - Instructor Exam
This is the last step in becoming an instructor. This is where an instructor examiner actually tests what you learned in your IDC. Diving knowledge, Watermanship skills and teaching technique are tested and graded in this phase

That would be the Readers Digest abridged version of how it works. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom