IDIOTS kill a nurse shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a city where it's common for people to sacrifice chickens on the beach and then throw them in the bay with watermelons and pennies. I watched a guy run across the street chasing another guy while shooting him in the back at 3 in the afternoon. Two guys dragging a big fish is almost normal.

If you want a good Miami laugh read some of the Carl Hiassen novels, he gets some of his fiction from actual events

Or, as local humor columnist/author Dave Barry says, "I swear I am not making this up."

If I would have seen two vagrants dragging a shark around like that the story would have been reported much differently.

Two vagrants found brutally beaten near the carcass of a shark found on local streets!!!

"Two vagrants brutally beaten by stranded shark"?

This is a city where it's common for people to sacrifice chickens on the beach and then throw them in the bay with watermelons and pennies.

Wait, my little brother found a headless chicken buried (with its feet sticking out of the sand) at the beach off Commercial Blvd last summer! (some other lady dug it completely out!) We had only been living in Florida for a month so we thought, and still do think of it as totally weird.. Something we'd never expect to see.. this is actually a common thing??

If I would have seen two vagrants dragging a shark around like that the story would have been reported much differently.

Two vagrants found brutally beaten near the carcass of a shark found on local streets!!!

Too late, they'e been placed on the protected species list

The homeless would join groups afforded extra protection under Florida’s hate-crimes legislation, leading to stiffer penalties for assaulting them, under a bill approved Tuesday by a Senate committee after spirited debate.

Wait, my little brother found a headless chicken buried (with its feet sticking out of the sand) at the beach off Commercial Blvd last summer! (some other lady dug it completely out!) We had only been living in Florida for a month so we thought, and still do think of it as totally weird.. Something we'd never expect to see.. this is actually a common thing??

It's a Santeria ritual SANTERIA RELIGION Afro-Caribbean Religion Specifically Cuba. If you go to the first cutoff on the Rickenbacher Causeway in Miami there's a little beach with lots of pennies on the bottom where they do the rituals. Bad ju-ju to take the pennies

Dennis- I like Bad Ju ju.. it is great spread on saltines!

Tom Winters... that post would keep some psycho-analist busy for years....

In certain areas of Miami, yes :shakehead:

I've ranted enough about the "homeless" in this thread; don't get me started on Santeria :shakehead::rofl3:

Amazing the stuff that passes for the "norm" in Miami - you can't describe this place; after 30 years down here you do get "used" to stuff that in 95% of the country people would not believe actually happens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom