Ideal wetsuit for Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

petmal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello.

Going to Maldives this April I am considering getting a wetsuit suitable for warmer waters (~28 °C). I am used to 5mm (5mm + 5mm) suits, but it would probably be an overkill in this case. I was thinking about 3mm/2mm full body suit. I should also mention that I am a bit cold-blooded person with not much "natural insulation" :wink:.
The trip is a safari with at most 3 dives per day within recreational limits.

Thanks.

I think your idea sounds great as sun protection and jellyfish protection as well. Any more and you would probably cook.

3mm full will do fine. On shallower dives you could even consider thermal vest and shorts depending on how you handle cold.

Thanks all.

3/2mm suit (Bare Velocity Full) was perfect. It could not be better. Average bottom temperature (max 30m) was 29 °C.

shark skin?

I was wondering if wearing a shark skin top and bottoms would be Ok for March diving in Maldives? I feel the cold a fair bit and although these worked well in Indonesia in the summer, i was not on a liveaboard on did a max of two dives a day - thinking of the protection with the currents as well

Hello.

Going to Maldives this April I am considering getting a wetsuit suitable for warmer waters (~28 °C). I am used to 5mm (5mm + 5mm) suits, but it would probably be an overkill in this case. I was thinking about 3mm/2mm full body suit. I should also mention that I am a bit cold-blooded person with not much "natural insulation" :wink:.
The trip is a safari with at most 3 dives per day within recreational limits.

Thanks.
Boardshorts and a Tee shirt

Boardshorts and a Tee shirt
No - I feel the cold a lot , especially after a couple of days of 3 dives+ a day. Im debating whether to take Sharkskins plus a 2.5mm shortie or whether to take a 3m full length or even a 5mm. Its all Donghi diving out there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom