Idea scuba training org

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The web site is there but there are a bunch of dead links on it and pages with no info. I would think they would try to stay in contact with their dive leaders.

The text books were good and the training was great but that was mostly like all training, instructor based. I did manage to dual cert with them though, Im also carded by Explosub out of Venezuela of all places. Its good to know they were at DEMA, Im still switching though, the likelyhood of them existing or being recognized is lessing as time goes on.

Ill send them an email and check in, Ill report back here if I here anything.

McKay,
I am an Instructor Trainer for IDEA and I also work at Headquarters. We have received no e-mails or phone calls from you trying to contact us. What is your full name and we can look you up in the files. We do not have anyone in the files current or past with the last name as McKay. We do have multiple students, but no professionals with that name. In order to stay current with IDEA as a professional Divemaster, you have to renew every year. Even if you do not renew, we would have had a file on you in our system as inactive and not qualified to conduct divemaster duties. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at headquarters at (904) 744-5554 or you can e-mail us at ideahq@bellsouth.net!

The only shop near me is IDEA affiliated. I've just signed up for their Basic Open Water course. It looks very comprehensive, and even more requirements than some classes at other shops.

Our program runs for 6 to 8 weeks, one night a week usually from 6:30 to 10:00 pm (Classroom and Pool work). Our Openwater class includes; Class, Books, Dive table, log book, carrying bag, Certification fees, Rental for checkout or Referral. It is our intent to make you comfortable in the water so you will continue diving for years to come. We believe we offer the best value and course available!

At the end of the training sessions you will be required to do 5 Open water dives in the Ocean (one Weekend). Upon completion, you will receive a certification card that identifies you as a diver, allowing you to rent SCUBA equipment, participate in advanced training and explore exotic diving destinations.

Based on the schedule, if I get through it (cautiously optimistic), I should be done in Oct/Nov.

AAR on this. As I noted in the beginner diver forum section, I checked out this past weekend through Central MA Scuba in Worcester, MA which is an IDEA school. I have only great things to say about the shop, instructors and program. As extensive as any other program I looked at, and more so in some cases.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom