Idea scuba training org

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinginn

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this organization,I was talking to an instructor and he said that was who he certified students through.

While not huge, IDEA is a well-established and respected agency who have been around at least since the seventies. To confirm that they are a member of RSTC, see: WRSTC Member Councils

Thanks,that just was a new one to me,was not sure if someone was starting up their own scuba org.

Just to let you all know IDEA is alive and well. based in florida, italy, korea, japan etc, i operate and teach the IDEA style in Bahrain. it not so money orientated as padi and is done for fun and not income.
by the way im a padi and IDEA instructor, but only teach Idea as there is no packs, pics cards etc to push the price up.
any one passing bahrain we do a great pearl diving course
Rob

i also was certified through IDEA , it was a fun experience and the instructor was great, safty first with him we had 5 weeks of 3 hour meeting bwefore we ever hit the water.

Ive certified from AOW to Dm with IDEA, this was all back almost ten years ago, I have not heard a word from them since. I did have a great instructor but I followed him from OW with SSI to IDEA. Im thinking this group is about dead now. I am looking to move my certs to another agency becuase of what I see as a total lack of activity or support from them.

Ive certified from AOW to Dm with IDEA, this was all back almost ten years ago, I have not heard a word from them since. I did have a great instructor but I followed him from OW with SSI to IDEA. Im thinking this group is about dead now. I am looking to move my certs to another agency becuase of what I see as a total lack of activity or support from them.
I'm guessing it depends on where you are.
Their website URL has changed to: IDEA Scube Home Page
And I think they were just at DEMA.

I was certified as an IDEA instructor in the late 80's. I have an IDEA Instructor card somewhere back home in Boston. I never did anything with them. Looking at their web site, their CEO and location are still the same (at least the city is still the same).

As a caveat, if you are going to use this agency, be sure to get one of their bright IDEAs. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom