IDC Central Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

major111

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

New to board. We want to do an IDC in Central Florida. One of us is in Inverness which is near a place called Crystal River on the West Coast. Balance Orlando. No one has heard of these places except Orlando.

We found great places in Ft. Lauderdale but want to be sure of all options in our area before we choose.

How do we check pass and fail record of a school? How do we check number of IDC's an instructor has taught? Where does PADI keep this data if available? The big places in Ft. Lauderdale just tell you but we can't get much out of the regular dive shops. Or is that the answer right there, hmmm.

Welcome all advise. This is not going to be cheap.

The Major

Hey there Major and welcome to SB. Lots of Florida divers here on the board. Just watch out for the ones that call themselves the Conchs, they're a wild bunch I tell you.
David

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

major111:
Hi all,

New to board. We want to do an IDC in Central Florida. One of us is in Inverness which is near a place called Crystal River on the West Coast. Balance Orlando. No one has heard of these places except Orlando.

We found great places in Ft. Lauderdale but want to be sure of all options in our area before we choose.

How do we check pass and fail record of a school? How do we check number of IDC's an instructor has taught? Where does PADI keep this data if available? The big places in Ft. Lauderdale just tell you but we can't get much out of the regular dive shops. Or is that the answer right there, hmmm.

Welcome all advise. This is not going to be cheap.

The Major

Major111,
I went to EASE in Vero Beach. If you can get Philippe Yersin as your CD, you'll be in great shape. I did my IDC with him back in January 04, and I was more than ready for my IE. He's really good. The class was small, so we had a lot of 1 on 1 instruction... It was great! I'll be there 1 June for the DAN O2 Instructor course...

Al

Check out deepsix.com for Info. on EASE IDC course. I have a friend doing the exam there this week. It's only an hour from WPB and clear water.

Thanks all, will check out the Vero school. Only IDC place we found had a guy tell us they were expanding into it and he thought they had only tried one so we couldn't go with that. But he said, off the record, to ask at Narcosis which is not far from here. Anyone know about them?

metaldector:
Check out deepsix.com for Info. on EASE IDC course. I have a friend doing the exam there this week. It's only an hour from WPB and clear water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom