Idalia crew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just had a pretty heavy squall here in Bonita Springs from the outer band of Idalia. Not expecting anything too significant from the storm here in SWFL. Thoughts and prayers for those up north. Stay safe!!

Still fairly calm and quite bright for having no sun.

I moved here in 2017, 6 years ago, from the Keys. I moved in September 1st and about 10 days later Irma effed up the Keys. Not finding me there, she swung out into the Gulf and came calling. I didn't stay then, and nothing was damaged. Now I have 5 cats and 5 chickies and we're going to ride this thing out together.

The center of the cone puts it through Jena, so it will go between Perry and Mayo. That would be far enough away for me to escape any damage if it's a class 3/2. Unfortunately, it plans to stay a Cat1 all the way to the Okefenoke swamps. That will be bad for the rivers and the cave conditions.

I moved here in 2017, 6 years ago, from the Keys. I moved in September 1st and about 10 days later Irma effed up the Keys. Not finding me there, she swung out into the Gulf and came calling.

I think your memory is a little off Irma went basically up the center of the state. I remember the eye passed between my house and Avon Park.

I think your memory is a little off
It might have... I just remember someone saying that I must have known something when I left the Keys just before the Hurricane. Yeah, I knew it was time to leave. :D Then it showed up here, only a bit to the east of me, which is the best side of the storm to be in. I don't remember the in-between stuff on that one. :D

@Moose is headed to a hotel in Lake City. I guess he doesn't trust his Barndominium. I would.

Well..done.
Took a cold shower and now waiting.

What you really needed. Too bad Publix stopped doing hurricakes.

Can't do a storm without mojitos.

Found out not too long ago in a round about way that county e services issued evac order for all. Staying at this point.

It might have... I just remember someone saying that I knew something when I left the Keys. Yeah, I knew it was time to leave. :D Then it showed up here, only a bit to the east of me, which is the best side of the storm to be in. I don't remember the in-between stuff on that one.

I think you might be on something, but I don't think it is you it follows. I think we should conduct an experiment. What if we kidnapped Cantore and shackled him to a beach somewhere near Pensacola. Do you think the storm would follow him there?

Hoping all fare the storm with minimal damage.
Kinda weird that half the state is under emergency orders, and we aren't included.. But, been there, done that.. do not envy ya'll.

Kinda weird that half the state is under emergency orders, and we aren't included.. But, been there, done that.. do not envy ya'll.

About 12 hours ago the long term forecasts thought it might circle back around to give you all a visit.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom