Ice diving regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Sherwood blizzard (the old design) that I like and have not had any problems with. Also the HOG D1 cold would be a good choice. What are you diving with now? Your current reg may be fine also.

I second the Sherwood Blizzard!

Bob (Toronto)

Have done many ice dives with my Apeks with no problems at all.

my scuba pro mrk 20/25 d 400 has been under the ice at 30 times /multiple dives in 1 day alot of others wont/cant do that

....hopefully you've got the enviro-seal kit installed in it.

Not yet but I can get it installed. I dont know how effective these "kits" are. I was om fact wondering whether to get a kit installed in my atomic z2 or to buy a new reg for ice diving. Any suggestions? If a kit can upgrade a regulator all the way up to a good cold water reg then it makes sense. At this point I am open to inputs and suggestions.

I use the Sherwood Blizzard also, works great.

Not yet but I can get it installed. I dont know how effective these "kits" are. I was om fact wondering whether to get a kit installed in my atomic z2 or to buy a new reg for ice diving. Any suggestions? If a kit can upgrade a regulator all the way up to a good cold water reg then it makes sense. At this point I am open to inputs and suggestions.

4 years ago diver.net tested tested a bunch of cold water regs (including the Atomic Z2) :

15 Regulators on test - Divernet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom