Ice Diving 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have any classes or trips planned for the 2011 season and it is getting a bit late in the season to plan one, unless you can find a group that is already ice diving and can jump in on their class/outing. I have some contacts that I can make if you are really interested and can do some of the training locally.

Last year I want to Colorado, and years prior to Okoboji,Iowa and Green Bay, WI. I am sure that the shops I work with in those locations will have some Ice diving in the next few weeks. But by mid-march the season is winding down, cause the ice is no longer safe. (Actually in Iowa, the DNR requires that structures be removed by the 3rd weekend in Feb)

On another note, I believe that I will be doing an Ice diving presentation at the Texas Dive Show (we are still hammering out the schedule) and am starting to plan a trip (or 2) for the 2012 season. And am looking at doing an arctic trip (above the arctic circle in 2013 or 2014, need to get some coin saved up) Since I have already dove in Antarctica, I would like to see if I can dive in the Arctic as well, that way I can say I have been to both ends of the earth :wink: )

Randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom