Ice Cream Makers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi:
Thanks for the compliment. But I have to consider my wife and her needs; she does not want to do the rock salt thing :D

We have one that uses rock salt (sorry, I don't know the brand), but it's real easy. Mix in the ingredients, pour in the rock salt, and walk away. 1/2 hour later you're eating really good ice cream. My wife is allergic to corn syrup so most store bought ice cream is out of the question. Besides, we can make our own flavors in the maker!

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
my prediction: you use it twice and it is in the basement for the long haul.

The effort that goes into making ice cream in one of those thing exeeds it's worth. and the ice cream isn't really that good or interesting. you can make vanilla...sweet.

I agree with you on so many things, but here you are just ignorant. Where dd you grow up? I'll bet it was in some big city where nobody does anything for themselves. Homemade icecream is way better than anything you can get from your local freezer section of the grocery store. Vanilla? I think you brain must be frozen. You can make any falvor you care to.

As for the effort involved, well maybe making toast is too difficult for some people.

Sure, it's cheaper to go BUY it at the store, but where's the fun in that? Where's the accomplishment? Like we say in the infantry, "the easy way is always mined."

FD

Green_Manelishi:
My wife and I decided to buy an ICM for Christmas. Are any of you SBers users of a particular model that you would recommend or not, and why? We want one that makes it as easy as possible.

I use an electric model thats like the White Mountain, but without the price. WM's are pricy, but they are built to last longer than the original purchaser.

I suggest ignoring the neuvo-computer operated icecream maker. Get yourself a wooden-bucket style. You mix up the icecream batch, put it into the freezer (the inner, steel container) with the mixer, put the motor on, fill the wooden bucket with crushed ice and rock-salt. periodically, add more ice and salt. It's done when the freezer stops turning.

Wow. hard work work. Maybe I should just go carry my doubles rig around the yard for an hour. That would be WAY easier than making icecream. :shakehead

almitywife:
ive had to give up all the bad stuff like icecream (and coke and bread and chips and...oh i could go on!) so to keep the sweet tooth in check i freeze freshly cut fruit (oranges or strawberries my fav) and then with my magic bullet blender (its chops & whizzes everything) i whisk up the frozen fruit to create my own fruit gelato without added sugar or chemicals

yummmmmmmmmmmmm

add 1/2 glass of semi-frozen milk and 2 ice cubes, a wisk of vanilla stick, mix the whole lot... that sounds good to me :).

hmm magic bullet doesn't sound like a blender to me... but it might be :D

Back
Top Bottom