Ice/Cold Water Regulator Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for the Mk 17 G250V. It's extremely reliable in cold water without the over balancing issue of the Apeks.

So MK17 does not over compensate with depth? I cannot seem to find a definite answer. Some techs say it does , some that it does not.

Zeagle ZX50D is my choice for cold water...Check out the Specs
Zeagle ZX50D=Apeks DS4, very solid design.

Zeagle ZX50D=Apeks DS4, very solid design.

50D is a swivel 1 st which is more like DST and inside it is also different AFAIK. Zeagle uses hard conical valves and soft replacable seat. Not like Apeks. Outside DSV is more like DS4 but still the valve os different. But the design is solid nevetherless:)

I ended up going with the XTX50/DS4 combo with XTX50 Octo. I was able to get 80% of the money back on the Hollis setup as well as a 7% student discount. I figured go with Apeks sense they service them and I have 3 location within 20min or less of where I live. Plus I hear nothing but good things about Apeks. I'm excited to try it out and see the difference.

I ended up going with the XTX50/DS4 combo with XTX50 Octo. I was able to get 80% of the money back on the Hollis setup as well as a 7% student discount. I figured go with Apeks sense they service them and I have 3 location within 20min or less of where I live. Plus I hear nothing but good things about Apeks. I'm excited to try it out and see the difference.

Congratulations! You will not be disappointed. Yesterday I have finally assembled my single rig from a TX100 and 2xATX50s, Apekses work great.

One of my sons and I use HOG's in Lake Ontario right through the winter and the other son uses Apex. None of us have had any free flow issues at all.

THE MEDAL Poseidon Cyclone! with the antifreeze cap! but it cost alot! but when it comes to your life!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom