Icaro Tech and the integrated weight system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acqua_girl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got a Seac Sub wing (Icaro Tech) and was wandering if I should have also bought a couple of weight pockets.

So far, I had not so much trouble wearing a regular weight belt (just a couple of kg), but maybe the weight pockets would save me some space, as I'd be using a more "minimalist" configuration...

Does anyone have (ou had) tryied the Icaro Tech IWS? What do you think?

Since you use so little weight, integrating it in the BC is useful. Among other things, you can float on the surface without your BC. Further, your BC has more than enough flotation to lift the weights and the tank.

Regardless of how you dive (wet, dry, Lycra), you would like the ability to float without your BC and your BC should support itself and everything attached.

Further, it is better to have the weight ditchable so if you are rescued you can be made really buoyant on the surface. For this reason, I wouldn't used fixed weights with such a small amount. Tank bands would not be my choice for your application.

Richard

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the OMS no sag weight pockets with the Icaro.

Well, I haven't tried it yet... since I started diving with doubles, I found out I require no extra weight at all!
If you have any good reviews, please let me know.

Cheers!

Care to explain?

I do belive Devon is objecting this is not a "technical" BC.

I agree.
With this BC you can't use massive wings with 40 kg lift.
Nor it's strong enough to hold 2 massive 20 liters steel tanks.

But if you just want to do something more then recreational diving I think it's perfect.
You can mount 2 x 10 liters tanks and have more then enough lift (25 kg) to handle them, while keeping a small and light BC confortable for rec diving (and saving some money which doesn't hurt).

Going to -100 mt with trimix? Not your BC of choice.
Rec diver who wants more and is taking a decompression course? Go for it.
Just my 2 cents.

Kind regards,
Corrado

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom