Recommendations for a new BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I

The Zeagle Stiletto is a great BC and checks off all of your listed requirements......including weight capacities and lift capacity... Check the specs below. It's highly adjustable and is available stock in XXL and can also be ordered in XXXL or XXXXL. I am also a large guy........6' 1" and 250lbs.. I use an XL and its just right for diving tropics in a 3mm or rash-guard. One of my favorite things about the Stiletto is the dual tank bands that keep my tank stable and secure.. Made in the USA and built to last.

Yes. I am a witness of how durable Zeagle BCD's are. (as an owner of one for many years)

For me its the ScubaPro Hydros Pro. I used a Ranger for years and then switched. The Hydros Pro simply works for my mission. It checks all of the boxes you mentioned. It is easy to travel with, great quality, conforms to the diver, stays put, can also be used as a BP/W by switching out the weight puches for a simple harness and it is easy to get in and out of. IMHO it is one of the best out there. Everybody has their favorite and their reasons why. You just need to try some BCD's and see what works for you. It's easy to tell someone what you think they should buy, but it is hard to KNOW what is right for that specific diver.

Back
Top Bottom