Iberostar Cozumel dock fees!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had 12 divers from IB in 2009, so if we never pick up another diver at IB, it's no big deal.

At both Presidente and El Cozumeleño the dive shops pay rent for the concession. The hotels own the pier (piers in the case of Presidente) and neither charge anyone to pick up their guests there.

Factual enough for you???

Thank you for the response, Antonio.
"12 divers from IB in 2009" Another surprise for me, so I understand why paying $50 min/month makes no sense for you or Christi. No big deal is right.

OK, so the "The Iberostar Water Taxi Service" won't work due to lack of NDDO-divers staying there. A $5 taxi credit would be a better deal for 12 or 18 divers (many I'll guess are pairs) a year.

Good luck in getting a workable solution.

Antonio,

Perhaps I could have said that better. I think you have a good argument from what they are doing to their customer and by default the small dive ops. I mean I personally care because I dive with a small op and I love that. I have never been on a cattle boat. I don't want to see the small ops put out of business or made to suffer because of this sort of thing catching on. That is me though and I can't do alot for you.

Bill tends to be more blunt and factual. His point I think is you can't make a plea to save you and the small ops and expect it to work. People don't tend to care that much and the market decides. How many divers come to Coz every year? You can't make an emotional plea to all or even most of them. Bill even make that point with the dive op that ate the fee. If a op eats the fee then it isnt a big deal right?

I on the other hand think if you make this about the customer you might make a difference. You tend to come off that it isnt fair to you and that might be. I am telling you it isnt fair to me as an IB customer. If I pay them for use of the resort and they are going to hit me with a hidden charge, by making you pay to pick me up, that aint right to me, I think. That is a far stronger argument I think.

I think you should stand to together. My understanding is this is the FIRST dock fee charged by a hotel. The other two are docks belonging to the dive ops themselves which to my mind is different. That ought to be on all your websites with a list of hotel you DO pickup at for free. List exactly what it will cost for someone to stay at IB. I think you should pass the cost straight on to the diver. If you eat it, the diver has little reason to care and in effect all your divers are paying. It dont mean you should help your customers, but they should share your pain too. Make it business, not personal and you have a shot at it.

I was trying to help you, not slam you. I won't go back to IB, but you are going to need more than me.

Last edited:
You had me going there for a minute CVchief...I thought you were just going to make us guess

That won't make any sense to anyone who didnt see your initial post..sorry. I don't always make sense this early in the day. But I appreciate your edited post as well.

:rofl3: nothing like a good giggle to start the day

That won't make any sense to anyone who didnt see your initial post..sorry. I don't always make sense this early in the day. But I appreciate your edited post as well.

He was just trying to get his attention before actually posting. :D

I'm wondering a few things, maybe they can be answered or not?

What chance is there that IB is really just wanting to ban all rival dive boats from servicing thier hotel guest and is doing so by imposing a financially crippling fee? Could they not just come right out and ban other dive boats from using their dock or is there something other than bad publicity stopping them and they would do it this way?

How many other dive ops are paying the fee? I think that would tell a lot, and are all the dive ops paying the same rate?

I'm wondering a few things, maybe they can be answered or not?

What chance is there that IB is really just wanting to ban all rival dive boats from servicing thier hotel guest and is doing so by imposing a financially crippling fee? Could they not just come right out and ban other dive boats from using their dock or is there something other than bad publicity stopping them and they would do it this way?

How many other dive ops are paying the fee? I think that would tell a lot, and are all the dive ops paying the same rate?

Seems to me this is effectively what they're doing with the way they've structured their fees. Drive off most of the competition and make some money off those that find a way to deal with it.

We are members of Park Royale and that happened to us the last time we were there. We didnt have any money on us at the time and never did go back to pay the man. I dont know what will happen when we go back in June. Gee its not like we are hurting anything. The piers are in the water which does not belong to them. I will mention to park Royale next time that they need their own pier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom