IANTD in the PNW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having done some of the things you're talking about, I'd like to say that I'd recommend a different order of things. If you plan to do Fundies eventually, do it first. The reason I'd say this is that the skills you acquire there will be useful in ALL your diving, and will certainly be excellent preparation for technical courses, no matter WHAT agency you decide to go with at that time. Ask Rick Inman what his IANTD instructor said about Fundies!

Brutus, you should check out Edmonds technical diving, google it and he has a place in hood canal, fills the gas, pretty much does it all. He runs the police dive team in edmonds, and is a detective for the edmonds police department.

This guy has been around a long time teaching IANTD. you will get a fair shake on everything, class, accomendations, gassfills and where to dive, plus he has other classes so to further in dive industry if you wish.

Adventures down under is a dive shop that ron akesone owns that has been around along time also, he does alot of technical dive charters that seem to run year after year in our state.

Brutus your time and money shall not be wasted with these two IANTD Instructors, there's a reason they have been in the technical dive buissness for more than a decade.

Good luck to you on your narcosis free diving adventure, its kinda nice to be able to tweek you narc level with a little helium, when you go to our many live wrecks that our waters have gennerously given us always rember ther is alot of current that goes with it.

One of my favorites with no real current is the AJ fuller, and a few practice ones in Lk Washington.

Happy Diving

I'll second this- Don Kinney (Edmonds Tech Diving) and Ron Akeson (adventures down under) are both excellent instructors- I haven't taken any training from them, but I've met them both (nice guys) and I dive with guys who were trained by them all the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom