I wonder how deep this is and what it contains?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

19 posts to go

Cheers

Mike

You can't even make a safety stop @ that depth......find a new hole.....

Green_Manelishi:
Never-the-less, I declare the following results:

#1 GenXWeb with a guess of 5' 5"

GenXWeb is the Winner:D .

PM me with your Address and which prize you would like.

CatalinaCanuck:
I'm standing by with Prizes. The Winner will recieve post paid (GM will make the decision on the final winner) his/her choice of the following:

The Ring 1 & 2 on DVD(used)
or
Criterion Copy of The Life Aquatic DVD(used)
or
2 Disc Collectors Ed of Finding NemoDVD(used)

All these Items are in Close to New Condition.

Remember this is just for fun, nothing too serious here about the prizes.:bounce:

If your having trouble sleeping, try the Criterion DVD of The Life Aquatic:popcorn: .

Green_Manelishi:
Think how badly I feel; my possibly historic dive in that location will not happen. But I already have another potential site in mind ....
I would be satified to see a video of you shooting a few warning shots into the hole. :D

do it easy:
I would be satified to see a video of you shooting a few warning shots into the hole. :D

HA !!! Not even close.

If I could have it transferred to DVD you might enjoy watching a video of me being sprayed with pepper spray.

I do have a video of me recovering some lobster traps.

5 1/2 feet deep????? DARN! I was hoping for at least 20 - 25 ft and another 2 ft of "stuff" at the bottom.

Oh well (no pun intended!), I guess it's safer in the long run. No telling what could have happened diving in such an old, confined site. It did keep a lot of SBers thinking and wondering during the colder months. Now we can get back to diving......after we get this baby up to 200 posts!

Green_Manelishi:
HA !!! Not even close.

If I could have it transferred to DVD you might enjoy watching a video of me being sprayed with pepper spray.

I do have a video of me recovering some lobster traps.

Maybe you could post them on youtube and compete with H2Andy!

Green_Manelishi:
What format is it in? We might be able to make this happen :)
That stuff isn't fun. I got hit with a little bit of it once as it bounced off of the news camera man standing next to me. That stuff stings. The cops know exactly what they have to do in order to keep things off of the news around here.....

~Jess

JessH:
What format is it in? We might be able to make this happen :)
That stuff isn't fun. I got hit with a little bit of it once as it bounced off of the news camera man standing next to me. That stuff stings. The cops know exactly what they have to do in order to keep things off of the news around here.....

~Jess

I know it's not fun. I've been sprayed twice; the first time as a volunteer, the second when I was being trained as an instructor. I've also been "stun gunned"; pepper spray is much worse.

Wow I got first place in something. :)

Green_Manelishi:
Based on the not-very-scientific method of "finding" the bottom, pictured below, the results are that currently the water is a wee bit deeper than 5ft. I went back through the guesses and some of you were very optimistic, as was I. It's fairly obvious now that some of the first pictures showing the ice a few feet below ground level were showing ice laying on what is currently the bottom. When the area dries up, which I am sure it will later this summer, I'll have another look at its depth.

Never-the-less, I declare the following results:

#1 GenXWeb with a guess of 5' 5"
Tied for 2nd with a guess of 6' are JessH and Mad Scientist
3rd place is mchrisk with a 6'6" guess

Just as an FYI, there is currently a lot of water (large puddles) in the area, which is in a gully. Because where that cistern is located was once farmland my hypothesis is that it was a way to easily access "ground" water for livestock or irrigation. I am still looking for records/surveys/maps that show the area in the past.

101_0729a.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom