I wish Shearwater made a watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear trifocal glasses and the only thing I have problems reading with no vision correction in the water is the tank indicator. No issues with anything else.

Title changed at OPs request. Carry on.

Thanks! I do still wish Shearwater made a cool watch style computer that did Rec mode at a lower price point that I could also wear freediving... but I guess that’s the Geo2– I think I just want Shearwater because it’s so highly thought of here.

Oh that IS nice... but that should not stop Shearwater. Actually I was thinking maybe an entry level Shearwater for recreational divers... look at all these people mulling over algorithms and wanting but not quite ready for a Shearwater: seems like a hole in the market?

I'm surprised there isn't a Casio that's a dive computer. Probably just as well though--their compass has no bezel and their thermometer isn't even close.

I got to take a close look at a garmin descent at dema last year. One of their developers was there and said they have been diving it side-by-side with a shearwater. The descent has adjustable gradient factors and should be able to run parallel as a back up.

Honestly, I am glad shearwater is sticking to what they do best. I will probably buy a garmin descent as soon as they add AI to the mix.

I think SW will be forced to make a watch. Battery tech has advanced, better chips etc. Wait for the next Garmin or Ocenaic and Watch the leap in progress.

I have a Geo2 too. Have struggled with a few of the features of it versus it being intuitive. I find the Z+ and Nx symbols too small. For sure the user interface is dated.

With computers the longer you wait the better they look....

Reactions: Jay
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom