I wish Shearwater made a watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with my Seiko 6105-8110 for many years before it was dubbed "vintage", and honestly I'm happier with my GEO2 because it is more accurarte as a time keeper and much more useful as a tool.

@scrane I’d prefer a modern computer too but I bet you looked stylish in that Seiko!

If you're considering a Geo, pay the $8 for the online class at DiveNav. It's not an intuitive interface.

I just picked up a Perdix AI and wanted a backup computer since a lot of my diving is vacation based. I decided on an Oceanic Veo 2 that I got for a decent price used. I had been using Suunto primary and backups for the last couple of years so the Oceanic UI was new to me. I wanted to familiarize myself with it so I did a bit of Googling.

I found a great tutorial video posted by Oceanic explaining the different functions and menus to set everything up and what everything means. I wanted to get to know the dive computer in dive mode so I started to read the Oceanic Veo 2 manual online. My eyes started to glaze over. Who wrote this garbage and decided to have such a terrible layout? Admittedly, Suunto and Shearwater's manuals are WAY better. Thanks to you, I looked into the DiveNav class for the Veo 2 and it was SO worth the $7 I spent. I'm feeling confident that I know how to use it and what it's trying to tell me on the surface and at depth, even when things go wrong. THANK YOU.

@outofofficebrb

So glad it helped you! Access to the online classs is for a year so you can go back and review. I did that multiple times.

Shearwater is so much easier to use.

Back
Top Bottom