I wish Shearwater made a watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suspect Garmin will be disappointed in sales and will cut back that development budget but I could be wrong. It just doesn't seem like a huge market.

I think SW will be forced to make a watch. Battery tech has advanced, better chips etc. Wait for the next Garmin or Ocenaic and Watch the leap in progress.

I have a Geo2 too. Have struggled with a few of the features of it versus it being intuitive. I find the Z+ and Nx symbols too small. For sure the user interface is dated.

If you want something small enough the wear around, the. Something like the Descent is good. For a primary dive computer, the screen is way too small for me. I don't think shearwater will feel any pressure to make a smaller unit. Current screen size is perfect, and you don't want the case to be any less rugged.

Sure the tech improves, but they will just continue to add features to the same size. It could get a little slimmer, but most people I know are rough on gear, and need durability above fashion.

I should get my Perdix this week. I already have two Petrels, but I'm interested in the AI for sidemounting. Their stuff is rock solid, but a Shearwater Fitness Watch would be ultra cool.

The descent has adjustable gradient factors and should be able to run parallel as a back up.
I do that with mine.
Honestly, I am glad shearwater is sticking to what they do best.
They are committed to that.
, the screen is way too small for me.
I'm surprised at how readable it is. I have to look a bit harder, but things like automatic lighting when you twist your wrist makes it easier.

Do you folks that have the Geo2 find it easy to read underwater?

I also have no problem reading mine underwater.

And as a side note....if any of you folks are replacing your Geo 2 with a Perdix, I would be delighted to buy your Geo 2. I recently donated one of mine to the Palancar reef in Cozumel. :(

I should get my Perdix this week. I already have two Petrels, but I'm interested in the AI for sidemounting. Their stuff is rock solid, but a Shearwater Fitness Watch would be ultra cool.

What are you going to do with the 2 petrels, asking for a "friend"? If selling one I am interested.

My petrel has a clock so it's a watch for people with bad vision. That counts, right?

I admit it, I also want a watch to wear around to remind me of scuba diving and make me smile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom