I was scratching through an old dive box....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remember that the diver that helped monkey **** into popular vernacular for some is no longer with us.

I actually have no idea of the history of the term, and there's no way I'm typing that into Google.

......quickly put that Air Buddy thingy back in Pandora's Box where it and all the other 'special ed' dohickys belong...some things should never see the light of day!

:D - Ha,Ha, Yeah, I also found 2 x Old Dacor Micro Brain computers in the box, they had that sliding cover to protect the lens, gee, I dunno, maybe from the late 80's - strange thing is they are both still working. :D

Last edited:
This device is not a demand valve in the same sense that a diaphragm operated valve is. It is an upstream tilt valve that is operated manually by biting down on the valve stem within the mouthpiece. It is not operated by breathing in. Because it is an upstream valve, it will not free flow because of increasing intermediade pressure, such as what happens in a first stage free flow or freeze-up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom