I survived Ivan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like the roads have been opened. Big question is what kind of vis will there be???

Not sure if I can make it yet, let us know what time you will be there!

Have fun!
-fun2chase

I'm looking to leave around 6:45AM and hoping to get there by 8:45-9AM. I'm guestimating due to the detours we'll have to take. :p I'm still looking into where my destination will be, lol. The jeddies, Morrison, and Vortex are all about the same distance from me - however, Vortex and Morrison require a different route :wink:

HOUSTON, I BELIEVE ITS A GO FOR THE JETTIES !!!!!!!

I drove down Gulf Shore drive this afternoon. There were no road blocks or police in the area to ask questions of. I got all the way down to the parking area. There was a lot of sand along the way and lots of vehicles moving sand. The parking area has some holes in it. I walked out to the jetties to see what had changed. Be sure to bring foot protection tomorrow, the entry way still has boards in it. The sand is flattened on the beach area. The jetty seems shorter too, I think sand has collected on the north side and made the beach bigger. I'm going to look at some old pics to see if the rocks have moved any - I don't think they have. I'll call both of you tonight after dinner to finalize plans. High tide is at 8:40 am .

How was your trip? What was the vis? Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. We will have to dive together in the future...

Have a great day,
-stacy

Ditto :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom