I survived Ivan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lucky for my family we only had some vinyl pulled from the house. Not too bad considering. I had 4 friends homes condemned so far. Waiting on word from a few others. :-(

Diving soon is in my plans, too. Let me know if you are doing Destin this weekend.

Thanks to everyone that sent help our way!

I'm glad to hear you guys made out OK.

Still working on the diving plans, I've got off from work but access is still closed - a minor set of problems compaired to those that others have from Ivan. I'll keep you posted.

Any news on the dive conditions? And should I bring my gear this weekend? It is a long drive from Augusta to Destin and if I am not going to dive I don't want to haul my gear there and back. I also, have two steel 100 tanks at the dive shop that I have stored there so I need to pick atleast one or both up. I probably should anyway.

Just let me know what is happening.

seaangel:
Any news on the dive conditions? And should I bring my gear this weekend? It is a long drive from Augusta to Destin and if I am not going to dive I don't want to haul my gear there and back. I also, have two steel 100 tanks at the dive shop that I have stored there so I need to pick atleast one or both up. I probably should anyway.

Just let me know what is happening.
I think the Jetties may still be out. I'm gonna drive by tomorrow on my way home from work and see if non-residents can go down Gulfshore drive. If not, the river level at Morrison Spring is going down so we could just go there. If that is not divable, we could cough up the $25.00 and dive Vortex Spring. Morrison will need to be at least a drive by since they don't have anyone there to call and ask about the conditions. Vortex is almost a guarantee. I'm going diving somewhere even if it's in my bathtub :D !!!!!!

Ivan the hurricane that refuses to die.

I'm a go for this weekend, and I have a few others from the area who are interested in getting wet as well. Our plan now is Destin Jeddies, but we'll work with whats available. So keep us updated.

Morrison sounds like an excellent backup, especially since its free. Vortex is still good though, I need to get wet. I called this past Sunday and they said they were open and had clear water so I think Vortex is definately an option, but hopefully not our only option.

Well, as much as I love diving, the bathtub is out of the question. LOL.

Seriously, I am not much on diving in springs, too cold for me.
I won't be able to check in on line tommorrow before leaving to find out about the jetties being a go. So...my decision has to be made tonight for packing purposes. I did go to my dive shop and pick up my two tanks, but I really do not want to load them and all the rest of the gear up just to have them ride in the car to Destin and back.

Also, because of the nature of my trip to Destin, I really don't think I should leave the area to go over to the springs. The jetties would be much more convienent all things considered.
That makes my decision to not bring the gear with me. If I find out that you all are diving the jetties I will be disappointed, but it is not the end of the world. I am going on a liveaboard trip in November to the Bahamas if there is anything left there by then.

Gotta go now. Maybe I will see some of you this weekend.

The vis is great this time of year in the tub and no jellyfish :D.
If you read this before you come down, give me a call when you get here. We'll have to meet while you're here. Be safe on the trip down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom