i still use my double hose sometimes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ez8631

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
my da aquamaster is awesome. i had it rebuilt by vintagedoublehose with the phoenix nozzle so i could use it on the 3000 psi bottles. of course i have newer equipment, but i started diving back in the early 70's when the double hoses were still some of the best stuff around. they're nostalgic, but the regs made today blow away those old school ones. even thouh i'd like to sell it i still use my double hose from time to time though... just for fun. a lot of people that ask about it and many folks have no idea what or how old it is. maybe that makes me a dinosour diver.

What do you tell them regarding how old it is? in 2007, I had the cans on a 1957 DA rechromed, then added the Phoenix nozzle, new silicone hoses, new high flow wagon wheels, new silicone mushroom valve, a new silicone diaphragm a custom label and a new old stock band clamp.

So is it a 1957 or a 2007 reg?

What do you tell them regarding how old it is? in 2007, I had the cans on a 1957 DA rechromed, then added the Phoenix nozzle, new silicone hoses, new high flow wagon wheels, new silicone mushroom valve, a new silicone diaphragm a custom label and a new old stock band clamp.

So is it a 1957 or a 2007 reg?

If you have a 68 Camaro and install fuel injection is it still a 68 Camaro?

N

I think the phoenix goes beyond a simple restoration of the DA aquamaster, because it really does change the way it works; maybe more like a 68 camaro with a whole new type of engine, suspension, and brakes.

When you got the new label, it said "phoenix royal aquamaster" right? It really is a different reg.

My DA Aqua-Master is my primary regulator. I have three USD Aquarius' and two (soon to be three) USD Conshelf XIs that I also use but the DAAM is my favorite and is usually the first one I grab when getting ready for a dive.

What do you mean exactly-"the regs made today blow away those old school ones ".
I have rather new titan LX supremes and they don't seem to me to be better,only
different. Also, many of my dives are in very cold water here in the gulf of Maine and
I am SURE there will be no freeze up with a big metal can. Also, I dive with sharks and
skates and find getting closer to them is easier with bubbles rising from my back rather
than my face.If you have the PRAM,perhaps diving more with it will reveal its special
qualities and beauty. I don't think one can have a better or safer reg. for photography
or Marine research than a PRAM or a modernized DH. Just my opinion.
PORBEAGLE

I think the phoenix goes beyond a simple restoration of the DA aquamaster, because it really does change the way it works; maybe more like a 68 camaro with a whole new type of engine, suspension, and brakes.

When you got the new label, it said "phoenix royal aquamaster" right? It really is a different reg.

Well, I guess, a Phoenix is simply a Royal Aqua Master first with a few LP and HP ports. Other than that it is a Royal Aqua Master.

Guys would swap out nozzles on their double hose USD regulators converting a DA to a RAM but it does not matter, each to their own.

Most of the time I would rather dive one of my dh regs than any of my single hose units, new or old but again, each to their own.

N

Well, I guess, a Phoenix is simply a Royal Aqua Master first with a few LP and HP ports. Other than that it is a Royal Aqua Master.

Guys would swap out nozzles on their double hose USD regulators converting a DA to a RAM but it does not matter, each to their own.

Most of the time I would rather dive one of my dh regs than any of my single hose units, new or old but again, each to their own.

N

I agree that the phoenix is basically a modified RAM, but I also think that the DA and RAM are really different in how they breathe, at least that's my meager experience. You guys have been diving these regs much longer than I have.

I agree that the phoenix is basically a modified RAM, but I also think that the DA and RAM are really different in how they breathe, at least that's my meager experience. You guys have been diving these regs much longer than I have.

Oh, no, I agree completely. My PRAM was a RAM, not a DA and because I had an extra nozzle, my Navy is a RAM also, lol. I am fine with a DA, they are fine regs but I want a balanced first and the easy breathing of a RAM.

No I understand what you are saying, yeppers. N

Back
Top Bottom