I See This Has Never Been Asked Before!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do ya'll feel about the Dive Rite XT packages from DGX ($600):
PK-751003.jpg

The Hollis version is $400.
DGX Custom - Hollis DC1/212 Streamlined OW Reg Package | Dive Gear Express®

Cave Adventurers - Dive Rite XT Regulator Backmount Package - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

I'd go with that instead. The doubles package is a little more expensive, however since the first stage is the one more likely to fail it is easier to keep a spare first stage with you so you can make a 5 minute hose swap and keep diving instead of trying to get it fixed and hope they can do it while you wait.

Dive Rite over Hollis any day for regulators, parts kits availability is #1 reason for that

Cool, thanks. The XT doubles package is exactly what I'm getting.

It's only a little more, and the XT 1st stage by itsself is much more than that if I add it later. I want to try doubles in the near future. Or the extra 1st stage will be good for a pony. I'll likely pick up an extra 40" hose and a 90 as well, as the doubles kit is long hose.

Absolutely love my HOGs. I bought 4 sets for the family. Customer service is second to none!!!! I bought mine through Dive Right In and they have a 10% reward program that paid for most of my wife's Lavacore wetsuit. Great prices and service.

Jay

OK, after reading reviews and seeing pricing, I bought TWO of the Hollis DC3 212 setups ($149.00 each). One for me and one for the wife. At this price, they can be disposables :)

I'll add the Octo and gauges from the upcoming divers fair in NJ.

Thanks again to all with their suggestions and cautions.

Last edited:
frankly at that price I would just buy two more of them for the reasons mentioned above. The main thing that drives me away from Hollis even at that price is the lack of parts kit availability, but at $150 each, it'll be easier to have the extra first stages just in case

The main thing that drives me away from Hollis even at that price is the lack of parts kit availability, but at $150 each, it'll be easier to have the extra first stages just in case

Any comments on Cressi parts/service? -- I've been drooling over these DC3/212s for a while, but once I add the octo and gauge, the total comes out not so far from PMS pricing on the complete Cressi sets, like mc9/XS.

Any comments on Cressi parts/service? -- I've been drooling over these DC3/212s for a while, but once I add the octo and gauge, the total comes out not so far from PMS pricing on the complete Cressi sets, like mc9/XS.

At $149.00 you can stop drooling? Buy them! The 1st stage goes for $239.00 all on its own and included in the deal!

Back
Top Bottom