I See This Has Never Been Asked Before!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why buy an extra secondary? What does it gain you vs using the Hollis second stages and just alternating between them? Why mix brands on regulators and complicate service? Especially with two brands that you don't have parts accessible to end users?
Good points as always tbone! For the price, it would be nice to see which reg I like best for my next purchase? Yes, it may be a few years down the road, but I don't mind mixing.....but I can purchase the 212 without hoses for $95.00 and have two identical 2nd stages....The second one I purchased yesterday will be for my wife.

Why you always messing with my head:)...............LOL!

at $150, I would have bought 4 and have the extra first stages and full matching sets.... people always talk about getting service when travelling, but carrying an extra first stage is easy enough to throw in a pocket in your backpack with an adjustable wrench and not have to worry about getting something fixed until you get home. You're going to pay an arm and a leg for expedited service, or get stuck renting regs if yours fails, so having the extra first stage and small adjustable wrench all but guarantees you not having to do that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom