I need me some new fins...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cancun mark:
Sorry, I finally tried a pair of Volos last week and they are the WORST fins I have used for years. Whoever's idea to put a hinge in a fin should be shot. I did some good hard kicks the fins bent in the middle and I went nowhere, it was like an underwater excercycle.

Which Volo did you try? The Volo or the Volo Power?

The Volos are the 1st gen design, it's only good for calm water. It's the Volo Power is evolved from Volo and are reviewed to be much improved.

As for silting problems, it's always the diver, not the fins. One has to adapt his/her finning styles in order to suit the kind of sea-bed. No one fin will rule them all. *ha ha... can't help it.*

Well, I have the Quattro, the SP Jets and the Volo Power (still dry)... between the Jets and the Quattro, I will stick to the Quattro. The Jets are too heavy to be efficient but excellent for short term propulsion. However, once you have to fin for a significant period of time or have to consistently fight current, the Jets lose out to the Quattros (unless you have calves of steel). On the flip side, the Jets are excellent for stability (IE photography) or for tasking oriented diving.

I have heard that the Volo power is even more efficient than the Quattros (hence the purchase).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom